Michael

Reboot the system and at the initial boot press space
bar or any key to go to the boot sector, then try
following:

boot
Then it will ask whether interact with IPL or not say
Yes

after that try this

hpux -is

this will take you to single user mode. There you can
change the password whatever you want. Later either
you can do init 2 or reboot the machine or do

shutdown -r 0 (this is zero)

Hope that helps

Mukesh

Michael Parry wrote:
Hi, my root account has been disabled on a HPUX
system
I just took over, even the console is locked. I
know
little on HPs. On Solaris I can boot from the CD,
mount the disk and change the password. Is it the
same on HP?

1. How can I reset the root password? Steps?

2. If it is a trusted system, how can I reset the
password?

3. Is it possible to reset the root password by
booting from the install CD? If so how? Steps?

4. Lastly, can running the pwconv command enable the
trusted system on HPUX 10.2? I figure this may be
what locked me out. I do run pwconv on Solaris and
when I ran it on HP it acted as if it was installing
it for the first time. Then the account problems
started.

Any input would be great!

Thanks, Mike

=====
Michael Parry
CSC - Oracle DBA/Sys Adm
DSN: 525-9162 COM: 661-275-9162
parrymd_at_yahoo.com

http://photos.yahoo.com/
--
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
http://www.orafaq.com
Author: Michael Parry
INET: parrymd_at_yahoo.com

Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
(858) 538-5051
San Diego, California -- Public Internet
access / Mailing Lists
E-Mail message
'ListGuru') and in
ORACLE-L
from). You may
also send the HELP command for other information
(like subscribing).
Do You Yahoo!?

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle