Hi, my root account has been disabled on a HPUX system
I just took over, even the console is locked. I know
little on HPs. On Solaris I can boot from the CD,
mount the disk and change the password. Is it the
same on HP?

How can I reset the root password? Steps?

If it is a trusted system, how can I reset the
password?

Is it possible to reset the root password by
booting from the install CD? If so how? Steps?

Lastly, can running the pwconv command enable the
trusted system on HPUX 10.2? I figure this may be
what locked me out. I do run pwconv on Solaris and
when I ran it on HP it acted as if it was installing
it for the first time. Then the account problems
started.

Any input would be great!

Thanks, Mike

Michael Parry
CSC - Oracle DBA/Sys Adm
DSN: 525-9162 COM: 661-275-9162

parrymd_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?

  • Gregory Conron at Dec 29, 2000 at 7:29 pm
    Answers inline: