--=_E6BDFEFA.0F6E0345

I am an Oracle Devloper/DBA. I have a need to supply a database application=
+ database where all our schema object names (tables, indexes, constraints=, sequences etc) have to be encrypted. Does any one know of a way to do =
this without using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION toolkit on Oracle 8i? I know =
Oracle also has the WRAP toolkit to encrypt your PL?SQL. However I have =
the need to encrypt the function specs as well? Are there any tools which =
allow me to do this?
Regards,
Paul Sehgal.

--=_E6BDFEFA.0F6E0345

I am an Oracle Devloper/DBA. I have a need to supply =
a=20
database application + database where all our schema object names =
(tables,=20
indexes, constraints, sequences etc) have to be encrypted. Does any one =
know of=20
a way to do this without using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION toolkit on&nbsp;Oracle =
8i? I=20
know Oracle also has the WRAP toolkit to encrypt your PL?SQL. However I =
have the=20
need to encrypt the function specs as well? Are there any tools which =
allow me=20
to do this?
Regards,
Paul Sehgal.

Search Discussions

  • Dgoulet_at_vicr.com at Dec 7, 2000 at 2:00 pm
    Paul,

    I may be a little out of it on this one, but even during my time in the USAF
    there was no reason to encode database object names. I'll admit that some of
    them we created were pretty cryptic & meaningless to the point where one could
    not navigate through the system without the data dictionary document. Outside
    of the terrible maintenance problems this would create I really don't know of
    any DBMS, including MicroSlop's that will allow one to do this. You could
    investigate Trusted Oracle, created by Oracle for the National Security
    Association. But otherwise I'd have some serious questions to ask the
    requestor.

    Dick Goulet

[...]

  • Eric D. Pierce at Dec 7, 2000 at 6:11 pm
    contact the marketing managers

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedDec 7, '00 at 10:09a