I need to select from the V$TIMER table in a stored proc. Whenever I do, I
get this error "PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.V_$TIMER' must be declared". How
can I do this select? The user creating the procedure has DBA privileges,
so I don't think that is a problem... I also tried using the dbms_sql
package to execute the query and it still fails. Any ideas, or is this
impossible?

TIA,

Steve

Steven Monaghan
Oracle DBA
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
Melville, NY
MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com
http://www.mscdirect.com

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from
disclosure under law. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others.
Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by
replying to the e-mail. Please then delete the e-mail and destroy any
copies of it. Thank you.

Search Discussions

  • Koivu, Lisa at Oct 30, 2000 at 4:16 pm

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0428C.D2A839CE

    charset="iso-8859-1"

    Steve, in order for your proc to compile the user must have select privilege
    on v$timer granted directly to them, not through a role. Sign in as sys,
    grant select on that view to the user, and try to recompile. It should
    work.

    HTH

    Lisa Rutland Koivu
    Oracle Database Administrator
    Qode.com
    4850 North State Road 7
    Suite G104
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319

    V: 954.484.3191, x174
    F: 954.484.2933
    C: 954.658.5849

    http://www.qode.com

    "The information contained herein does not express the opinion or position
    of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to or made binding upon Qode.com."

    Author: Steven Monaghan
    INET: MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0428C.D2A839CE

    charset="iso-8859-1"

    charset=3Diso-8859-1">

    RE: Selecting from V$TIMER in a stored procedure

    Steve, in order for your proc to compile the user =
    must have select privilege on v$timer granted directly to them, not =
    through a role.&nbsp; Sign in as sys, grant select on that view to the =
    user, and try to recompile.&nbsp; It should work.

    HTH

    Lisa Rutland Koivu
    Oracle Database Administrator
    Qode.com
    4850 North State Road 7
    Suite G104
    Fort Lauderdale, FL&nbsp; 33319

    V: 954.484.3191, x174
    F: 954.484.2933

    C: 954.658.5849
    http://www.qode.com" =
    TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.qode.com

    &quot;The information contained herein does not =
    express the opinion or position of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to =
    or made binding upon Qode.com.&quot;

    I need to select from the V$TIMER table in a stored =
    proc.&nbsp; Whenever I do, I
    get this error &quot;PLS-00201: identifier =
    'SYS.V_$TIMER' must be declared&quot;.&nbsp; How
    can I do this select?&nbsp; The user creating the =
    procedure has DBA privileges,
    so I don't think that is a problem... I also tried =
    using the dbms_sql
    package to execute the query and it still =
    fails.&nbsp; Any ideas, or is this
    impossible?

    TIA,
    Steve
    -------------------------------------

    TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.mscdirect.com

    -------------------------------------

    This e-mail is intended for the use of the =
    addressee(s) only and may contain
    privileged, confidential, or proprietary information =
    that is exempt from
    disclosure under law.&nbsp; If you are not the =
    intended recipient, please do not
    read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this =
    communication to others.
    Please notify the sender that you have received this =
    e-mail in error by
    replying to the e-mail.&nbsp; Please then delete the =
    e-mail and destroy any

    copies of it.&nbsp; Thank you.
    --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
    HREF=3D"http://www.orafaq.com" =

    Author: Steven Monaghan
    &nbsp; INET: MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com

    Fat City Network Services&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- (858) =
    538-5051&nbsp; FAX: (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, =
    California&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Public Internet =
    access / Mailing Lists

    SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=

    -----
    To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an =
    E-Mail message
    to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of =
    'ListGuru') and in
    the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB =
    ORACLE-L
    (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed =
  • Veera Prasad at Oct 30, 2000 at 4:28 pm
    A user with DBA pivilege cannot do a select on dynamic performance views
    within the stored procedures.

    Grant select privilege on V$ view to the directly in order to work
    with v$ views in stored procs and do not grant any privileges on V$ views
    via Role.

    Grant select on V_$timer to;

    Veera

    Author: Steven Monaghan
    INET: MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com

  • Steven Monaghan at Oct 30, 2000 at 4:37 pm
    Thanks for the help! Granting execute on sys.v_$timer and selecting from
    that table did the trick.

    http://www.mscdirect.com <http://www.mscdirect.com/>

    This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
    privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from
    disclosure under law. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
    read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others.
    Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by
    replying to the e-mail. Please then delete the e-mail and destroy any
    copies of it. Thank you.
  • Krao at Oct 30, 2000 at 5:30 pm
    Isn't it true that privileges obtained via roles won't work in stored
    procedures? I'd try assigning object level privileges on sys.v$timer and try if
    that works.

    Thx,
    - Rao

    Author: Steven Monaghan