Ron,

Check need_reorg.sql in the DBA tool kit on the Oriole site. Basically
it compares the number of used blocks to the number of blocks
theoretically required to hold the number of rows we have. Pretty
heuristic and assumes that stats are more or less up-to-date, but a good
indicator.

Stephane Faroult
email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com
Oriole Corporation
Voice: +44 (0) 7050-696-269
Fax: +44 (0) 7050-696-449
Performance Tools & Free Scripts
http://www.oriolecorp.com, designed by Oracle DBAs for Oracle DBAs
I have a lot of tables that get loaded and then MOST of the data gets
deleted on a daily basis. Does anyone have a script that will tell me
which
tables need to be reloaded due to a high high-water mark and a low number
of
used blocks?

Ron Smith
Database Administration
rlsmith_at_kmg.com
Author: Smith, Ron L.

Search Discussions

  • Venkat_Kalepalli at Oct 11, 2000 at 1:51 pm

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0338A.521C3A10

    Hi stephane

    Can you give me complete URL as I am not able to find the need_reorg.sql.

    Venkat.
    ----------

    Author: Smith, Ron L.
    INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com
    Author: Stephane Faroult
    INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0338A.521C3A10

    charset=3Dus-ascii">

    RE: RE : Highwater mark

    From: &nbsp; =
    Stephane =

    Faroult[SMTP:sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com]