FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and
Great Ways to Share them with Others!

Search Discussions

  • Toepke, Kevin M at Sep 20, 2000 at 11:12 am
    Couldn't you just set LongReadLen to 2000000000? Or are you memory limited?
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Gunawan Yuwono
    Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 7:02 PM
    To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
    Subject: Perl-DBI Question

    I tried to query a LONG column from a table using DBI module
    in Perl. I set both LongTruncOk (1) and LongReadLen (65535),
    and as a result, the data was truncated. I had to set the LongTruncOk,
    otherwise it errored out when I ran the perl script.

    Is there anyway, like "SET LONG 2000000000", so that the query
    returned all the data from that long field?

    TIA.
    Gunawan Yuwono
    Oracle DBA
    Kansas City, MO

    ----------------
    Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com

    Author: Gunawan Yuwono
    INET: gunawan.yuwono_at_webbox.com

  • Jared Still at Sep 22, 2000 at 2:28 pm
    Why don't you ask this on the DBI users list?

    Jared

    Author: Gunawan Yuwono
    INET: gunawan.yuwono_at_webbox.com

    Jared Still
    Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist;-)
    Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
    jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 19, '00 at 10:01p
activeSep 22, '00 at 2:28p