I have been able to successfully run dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session from
sqlplus prompt as system user. I put in the correct SID and serial number and
TRUE

and everything seems fine. Response is that it appears to have run correctly.
Then I run it again with FALSE to turn off trace. Response is that everything
seems
to be fine. But when I go to the udump directory, no trace file has been
generated.

I know it is the correct udump directory because if I turn on trace for my
session and
run a query and then turn off trace, a trace file is correctly generated in the
same
udump directory.

Why might I not be getting a trace file generated on the session that is
running?
Do I have to log in as the user that was running the job in order to run
dbms_system.
I was running from SYSTEM.

Or is it something else?

Search Discussions

  • Steve Adams at Aug 11, 2000 at 10:38 pm
    Hi Cherie,

    This is explained in the Q&A part of my web site (now reorganized by
    topic areas rather than by date).
    Have a look in the SQL Optimization section towards the end.

    Regards,
    Steve Adams

    http://www.ixora.com.au/
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/
    http://www.christianity.net.au/

[...]

    Thanks,

    Cherie

    INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

  • William_Dong_at_gelco.com at Aug 14, 2000 at 1:12 pm
    dear collegues:

    According to my memory It may work by put sys. before the dbms_system package.
    Besides, remember to ask the user to be traced to run the app/programs.
    good luck!

    William Dong

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle