We have a lot of full table scans in our production application. I would
like to make sure I don't have tables that have a high highwater mark but
much fewer records due to deletes, causing Oracle to read more blocks than
is required. Does anyone have a script to show the percentage of used
blocks vs. the highwater mark?

Ron Smith
Database Administration
rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Search Discussions

  • Ron Rogers at Aug 4, 2000 at 12:09 pm
    --Walt Weaver
    Bozeman, Montana (End Quote)

    Ron Rogers
    DBA OCP

    Atl.ga
    rlsmith_at_kmg.com 08/03/00 04:36PM >>>
    We have a lot of full table scans in our production application. I would
    like to make sure I don't have tables that have a high highwater mark but
    much fewer records due to deletes, causing Oracle to read more blocks than
    is required. Does anyone have a script to show the percentage of used
    blocks vs. the highwater mark?

    Ron Smith
    Database Administration
    rlsmith_at_kmg.com=20