My db_block_size is set to 16384 on HPUX 9000/800. How can I
tell what the maximum number of extents allowed is?

  • Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com at Jun 26, 2000 at 5:34 pm
    Ever since Oracle 7.3.X, Oracle cancel its old role of having the
    maxextents number associated with your block size. Now all of the
    maxextents is set to UNLIMITED no matter what block size you choose to use!

    Winnie

    cemail_at_sprintmail.com on 06/26/2000 10:58:20 AM

    Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

    My db_block_size is set to 16384 on HPUX 9000/800. How can I
    tell what the maximum number of extents allowed is?

    INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com

  • Deshpande, Kirti at Jun 26, 2000 at 5:44 pm
    The formula is:
    (db_block_size / 16 ) - 7

    Kirti
    My db_block_size is set to 16384 on HPUX 9000/800. How can I
    tell what the maximum number of extents allowed is?

    -----

    INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com

  • Joe LaCascio at Jun 26, 2000 at 5:49 pm

    Use the following:

    max extents = (block size/16) -7

    2k = 121
    4k = 249