Ken,

The very first thing to learn as a database administrator - backup and recovery.
And learn it thoroughly. The second thing to learn is performance monitoring and
tuning. After all, a poorly performing database is better than a dead (or
completely removed from the system) database.....

Good luck to you. And something to note - this list will be your best guide to
'how does this REALLY work?'

Laura Hartless
SAP Basis Support / DBA
CSC Technology Management Group
lhartles_at_csc.com

Forwarded by Laura S Hartless/TMG/CSC on 06/01/2000 08:38

Shawn.Ferris_at_twtelecom.com on 05/30/2000 07:17:14 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com