FAQ
I applied the D7 alpha 7 release which didn't go too well, so I decided
to create a new alpha 7 instance and import the data into it.


I moved over all the content tables... blocks, views, field data, node
types, node tables, field config tables. Everything is 99% ok, the site
looks like it did, I can access everything, my nodes are there, as are
the blocks and views.


The one odd thing that happened was that in the field_config_entity_type
table, the new one had 1 as node and 2 as comment, whereas the older
version was the reverse, and all the entity-id's for the fields was 2
(which they should be, having been created for nodes), so I changed node
to 2 and comment to 1.


The only issue I'm having, which is probably something small with a big
result, is that even though all the field data is there, and the field
data maps to the node entity type and the correct nodes, when I edit the
node the field data is missing, and when I preview a view using those
fields the field data is missing, but when I look at the field data in
the db it's fine.


One hint, though I haven't figured out the cause or correction, is that
when I look at the sql generated by the view, it shows
field_data_field_myfield.etid = 1 When I put that query in phpmyadmin,
and change the value etid to 2, it comes back with data. I can't find
where it's getting the value of 1 from. I did clear cache, and all the
etid values for in the field config table are 2.


Jeff

Search Discussions

  • Daniel F. Kudwien at Sep 21, 2010 at 1:53 am
    http://drupal.org/project/head2head contains an additional alpha2alpha
    module.

    Use at your own risk.

    sun
  • Jeff Greenberg at Sep 21, 2010 at 4:20 am
    That will help me moving forward, thanks. At this point, though, I don't
    know that the db was left in the original state when the update failed.

    I added a new field to a content type. The data for this field -does-
    show in the node form, unlike the data for the pre-existing fields. The
    difference I see with this one is that the etid is 1 (which in the
    field_config table shows as comment) while the existing fields have the
    etid as 2.

    I tried changing the etid of one of the existing fields to 1, and ended
    up with a page full of errors. There must be -something- that is
    allowing node to find the new field yet not find the original field,
    even though both are pointing to the same node type.


    On 09/20/2010 09:53 PM, Daniel F. Kudwien wrote:
    http://drupal.org/project/head2head contains an additional alpha2alpha
    module.

    Use at your own risk.

    sun
  • Jeff Greenberg at Sep 21, 2010 at 12:36 pm
    Reversing the entity types AND editing the blob in the variables for the
    entity type fixed it

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupdevelopment @
categoriesdrupal
postedSep 21, '10 at 1:30a
activeSep 21, '10 at 12:36p
posts4
users2
websitedrupal.org
irc#drupal

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase