To clarify, the Drupal code sits on their server with Acquia. Their db
holds 200k users, but apparently they only have something in the range
of 250 online at any one time. Our server will not be running database,
so I should probably have clarified the question.

The question has more to do with synchronizing their database, which
will entail an initial heavy load because of the persistent connection
required for that, but should quickly scale back. The issue I'm
wondering about is if I'm going about it the best way (synchronizing the
systems on the fly rather than all at once).

Thanks,
Aaron

support at advomatic.com wrote:
Aaron,

I am not sure what you are looking for in terms of feedback. If this needs to support that number of users and/or transactions to the database then it will either be slow or need more resources. I was under the impression from early discussions that this project was for around 25 users not 200K users. There is quite a difference in there. Never the less, I am not sure specifically what feedback you would like. It seems to me that you understand the issues involved. Without some sort of test (say adding 20K users and timing it then multiply by 10) I really have no clue what sort of load this will place on the server. I glanced at your code and it looks fine to me. Unfortunately I am by no means a drupal expert and as such I have no idea how this would relate to performance of any given device.

Let me know if you would like me to pass this ticket along to anyone else.

Regards

--
Aaron Winborn

Advomatic, LLC
http://advomatic.com/

Drupal Multimedia available in September!
http://www.packtpub.com/create-multimedia-website-with-drupal/book

My blog:
http://aaronwinborn.com/

Search Discussions

  • Aaron Winborn at Apr 9, 2010 at 3:35 pm
    Yikes! Sorry about the spam there; and I can't even blame that on reply
    all :-P

    Aaron

groupdevelopment @
categoriesdrupal