Hello,

I met Joomla! lead developer this weekend, and attended a Joomla! 1.5
demo. Joomla! 1.5 is the next Joomla! release, currently in alpha/
beta. It will mark the first important release since Joomla!
"spooned" from Mambo.

Notable changes were:

- A new install system with a very basic notion of install profiles!
- Internationalization: interface translation only
- Database abstraction layer
- Separation of logic and presentation layer
- Improved APIs, making it a better developer platform

Clearly, they have been playing catch-up with Drupal. :-)

They also stated that Joomla! 2.0, the version after Joomla! 1.5 will
have a node system like Drupal.

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://www.buytaert.net/

Search Discussions

  • Robin Monks at May 22, 2006 at 1:17 pm
    Why catch-up? Come join us!

    :o)

    Robin
    I met Joomla! lead developer this weekend, and attended a Joomla! 1.5
    demo. Joomla! 1.5 is the next Joomla! release, currently in alpha/
    beta. It will mark the first important release since Joomla!
    "spooned" from Mambo.

    Notable changes were:

    - A new install system with a very basic notion of install profiles!
    - Internationalization: interface translation only
    - Database abstraction layer
    - Separation of logic and presentation layer
    - Improved APIs, making it a better developer platform

    Clearly, they have been playing catch-up with Drupal. :-)

    They also stated that Joomla! 2.0, the version after Joomla! 1.5 will
    have a node system like Drupal.

    --
    Dries Buytaert :: http://www.buytaert.net/

    --