The 4.5 release packages are automatically built for contrib modules.

How do I go about getting a release for an older release made? When I follow
the link "Add new release" in Project for my module, I get a list of existing
release which I can edit or delete. I see no way to actually add a release.

I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.

Thanks.

--
Chris Johnson

Search Discussions

  • Gabor Hojtsy at Feb 13, 2005 at 5:55 pm

    The 4.5 release packages are automatically built for contrib modules.

    How do I go about getting a release for an older release made? When I
    follow the link "Add new release" in Project for my module, I get a list
    of existing release which I can edit or delete. I see no way to
    actually add a release.

    I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
    It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that branch
    will appear as the 4.4 release.

    Goba
  • Chris Johnson at Feb 13, 2005 at 8:16 pm

    Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

    Chris Johnson wrote:
    I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
    It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that branch
    will appear as the 4.4 release.

    Goba

    I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9. The release has not appeared.

    The handbook only mentions this automatic behavior for 4.5.

    I branched the same code for 4.5 last night and the 4.5 release appeared as
    expected today.

    That is why I ask this question.

    --
    Chris Johnson
  • Gabor Hojtsy at Feb 13, 2005 at 8:22 pm

    I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
    It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that branch
    will appear as the 4.4 release.
    I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9. The release has not
    appeared.

    The handbook only mentions this automatic behavior for 4.5.

    I branched the same code for 4.5 last night and the 4.5 release appeared
    as expected today.

    That is why I ask this question.
    Well, you need to dig into the sourcode of the releases.inc (or
    whathever it is called) file in project module, to find out how releases
    are created. I expect that it should be created once you have a 4.4.
    branch. If you had that before, but removed it, then you hit a bug in
    project module, which noone fixed yet (releases are not recreated). Then
    you need to contact Dries.

    Goba
  • Grant Bowman at Feb 14, 2005 at 12:13 am

    * Gabor Hojtsy [050213 12:29]:
    I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
    It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that branch
    will appear as the 4.4 release.
    I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9. The release has not
    appeared.
    I thought the automated tasks are based on the tags and not the branches.

    --
    -- Grant Bowman <grantbow@grantbow.com>
  • Gabor Hojtsy at Feb 14, 2005 at 12:19 am

    I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
    It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that branch
    will appear as the 4.4 release.
    I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9. The release has not
    appeared.
    I thought the automated tasks are based on the tags and not the branches.
    There are no tags at all in the contrib cvs module (only branches), so
    if automated tasks would be based on those, nothing automated would run.

    Goba
  • Chris Johnson at Feb 14, 2005 at 6:15 am

    Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
    I'd like to add a 4.4 release for the ezmlm module, if possible.
    It is all done through CVS, branch your code for 4.4., and that
    branch will appear as the 4.4 release.

    I branched my code for 4.4 back on February 9. The release has not
    appeared.

    The handbook only mentions this automatic behavior for 4.5.

    I branched the same code for 4.5 last night and the 4.5 release
    appeared as expected today.

    That is why I ask this question.

    Well, you need to dig into the sourcode of the releases.inc (or
    whathever it is called) file in project module, to find out how releases
    are created. I expect that it should be created once you have a 4.4.
    branch. If you had that before, but removed it, then you hit a bug in
    project module, which noone fixed yet (releases are not recreated). Then
    you need to contact Dries.

    Ok, either there is a bug preventing me from ever getting/seeing the "add a
    release" menu, or my account and/or project is configured incorrectly -- but I
    sure can't find any setting that *I* can change to fix this.

    Note that I don't see the "delete a release" option either, but was able to
    delete my 4.5 release by hacking in the proper URI in my browser, and I can
    edit the text of a releae, so it does not appear to be simple role permission
    problem.

    I also don't see the track subtabs in my account view either, as I do in
    others who have projects. Could that be related?

    --
    Chris Johnson
  • Gabor Hojtsy at Feb 14, 2005 at 9:39 am

[...]

    Noone knows better than the one who checks the sourcecode as I pointed out:

    http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/project/release.inc?rev=1.45&view=auto

    Goba

groupdevelopment @
categoriesdrupal