Hi all,

Something I'm really missing in the API doc is the ability to mark a
given API as having been introduced in a particular version of Dojo
(or of my component if we think in 2.0 terms). Something similar to
the @since tag in javadoc. This is very useful for people working on
several projects relying on different version of Dojo. Obviously today
the can switch from API do 1.x to API doc 1.y. But it always nice to
have in a given doc a sense of when something was introduced. This is
also I think very useful for ourselves. As we plan to work on the API
doc tool this release I was wondering if this is something we could
introduce in the tool?

By the way I have been experimenting with publishing isolated
documentation of a given component on its github (trying to experiment
for standalone hosting in 2.0, even though I would myself probably
advocate having the doc standing together). See:

https://github.com/cjolif/dojo-treemap/wiki

It uses github wiki to host the reference manual (but I'm loosing all
the nice features of the livedocs wiki like ability to run examples,
also even if using github ReST format I had to modify some of my
formatting) and github pages to host the API guide (generated
statically as pure HTML using modified version of Dojo API doc tool).

Christophe

Search Discussions

  • Tom Trenka at Feb 6, 2012 at 9:30 am
    Nice to see that you were able to get the API spidering working...

    I don't mind having this feature at all, but it would have to be introduced
    first in the parser...so this would be something that Colin et al would
    have to look at first. It should be very easy to get it into the generated
    API docs once the actual attribute/tag is there.

    Cheers,
    Tom