At the Jan 5th Mozilla Enterprise meeting, the following was presented:

- moving forward with proposal with FF10, to be called "Mozilla
Firefox ESR" (ESR = Enterprise Service Release)
- implementation details tbd
- announced through blogs, Moz wiki
- downloads as signed, compiled and branded binaries
- security and point releases on update channel
- 12wk timeline before 3.6 EOL (Apr 24, 2012)
- Next ESR version: FF17
- ESR Beta
- available now (FF10 beta)
- sending feedback on beta from enterprises
- Mozilla Enterprise mailing list
- Bugzilla
- reference: Mozilla's Extended Support Proposal
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise/Firefox/ExtendedSupport:Proposal

We should plan to add FF10 ESR support in 1Q12 as part of 1.5.x,
1.6.x, 1.7.x and 1.8 dev streams and consider dropping support for 3.6
in 1.9 and 2.0, as the majority of our Dojo enterprise users will
follow this path for FF.

Thoughts? Concerns?

-Chris

Search Discussions

  • Chris Mitchell at Jan 6, 2012 at 12:40 pm
    Opened http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/14570 to track this
    enhancement request.
[...]

  • Bill Keese at Jan 6, 2012 at 10:37 pm
    Firefox is going from FF10 to FF17 (skipping 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)?

    Anyway, I think in reality we dropped FF3.6 support a long time ago
    (or at least we stopped testing it), and we can probably officially
    drop it for the 1.8 release.
[...]

  • LiuCougar at Jan 7, 2012 at 1:26 am
    I think these versions will be released, but they are not
    considered/treated as Enterprise Service Release (probably means longer
    support period compared to non-ESR versions)

    Director of Software Development, teampatent.com
    ?????????
    - Old Chinese adage

    -