I'm trying to wade through some company red-tape for the svgweb version
that's in Dojo and have hit some speed bumps.
The dojox/gfx/tests/svgweb/README mentions "7/4/2010 r1205" but
dojox/gfx/tests/svgweb/svgweb/src/svg.js is post-dated July 11, 2010.
I'm also not sure from where this was downloaded. When I query all
published versions via:
http://code.google.com/p/svgweb/downloads/list?can=1&q=svgweb&colspec=Filename
+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

then nothing shows up for July 2010. I'm wondering if we should replace
the current version in dojox with the latest published version (Feb 3,
2011) (for 1.7.1?).
Getting a nightly version might be a little too bleeding-edge. Opinions?
Are there tests that need to be run to make sure there aren't any migration
issues?
Any volunteers (Eugene?) to handle this so I don't get the chance to screw
it up at the 11th hour?

- Doug
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Adam L. Peller at Nov 17, 2011 at 9:49 am
    Doug,

    Eugene logged something about backing out from r1205 to an "official"
    release. If it was that finicky then, I don't think upgrading to
    1.7.1 for the sake of upgrading is a good idea. Perhaps we can try
    the latest on trunk.

    r22465 | elazutkin | 2010-07-11 19:51:09 -0400 (Sun, 11 Jul 2010) | 1 line

    gfx: reverting the test version of svgweb to the latest official
    release: svgweb-2010-04-09-dracolisk, !strict, refs #9948.

    Sounds like the worst problem we have is that the README has the wrong
    date, also something which should be fixed on trunk and could be fixed
    on 1.7.1 if we really, really had to...

    -Adam

[...]

  • Patrick Ruzand at Nov 17, 2011 at 11:22 am
    Hi Doug,

    the release in gfx trunk is the svgweb "dracolisk" version. The readme
    is indeed wrong.

    re: upgrading; IIRC, the newer versions were causing several issues
    (that's why it has been reverted). So, as Adam wrote, it might be
    safer to upgrade the trunk instead, to test and fix the possible
    issues.
    If you agree, I can handle this.

    Patrick
[...]

  • Douglas Hays at Nov 17, 2011 at 11:38 am
    Patrick, upgrading just trunk to the latest published version sounds
    reasonable. Thanks for volunteering.
    I'm glad 1.7 is using dracolisk and not a random nightly version.