Hi everyone,

I would need a clarification about the current status of the trunk and
the 1.7 branch. From my understanding from the last meeting minutes,
it has been stated that the trunk should be considered kind of frozen
til the 1.7 official release ("I beg of everyone don't get too excited
about trunk being open to 1.8 until 1.7 is _really released_").
Is it still the case ?
What about the 1.7 branch, can we already commit in it ? (I have a gfx
patch planned for 1.7.1 waiting to be committed).

Thanks !
--
Patrick

Search Discussions

  • Kenneth G. Franqueiro at Nov 9, 2011 at 8:20 am
    If the gfx patch is for something that regressed or "really should work"
    in 1.7.0 (e.g. baseless operation), then my vote would be to include it,
    but can you point us to the ticket/patch you're referring to?

    I have a sort of related question though; sorry if I'm semi-hijacking
    this thread for it, but it's related.

    I wanted to bring up at the meeting tonight the topic of determining
    what tickets *really* belong in the 1.7.1 milestone. Given how many
    issues we've already been identifying in 1.7.0, I was wondering if we
    wanted to try to keep 1.7.1 more focused to fixes for 1.7.0 regressions,
    plus issues using certain modules in baseless mode. (The 1.7 branch has
    already begun receiving fixes for these types of issues.)

    It seems to me, however, that presently there are a number of tickets
    marked with the 1.7.1 milestone that have nothing to do with this, and
    are tickets that either (1) didn't make it in time for 1.7.0, or (2)
    have been arbitrarily marked 1.7.1, sometimes even transitioned from "tbd".

    Initially I was under the impression that tickets falling into these 2
    categories should really only be marked for 1.8, but when talking with
    Pete he indicated that we're not necessarily that strict.

    Thoughts?

    1.7.1 milestone tickets can be seen here: http://is.gd/e1oLRJ

    Thanks,
    --Ken
    I would need a clarification about the current status of the trunk and
    the 1.7 branch. From my understanding from the last meeting minutes,
    it has been stated that the trunk should be considered kind of frozen
    til the 1.7 official release ("I beg of everyone don't get too excited
    about trunk being open to 1.8 until 1.7 is _really released_").
    Is it still the case ?
    What about the 1.7 branch, can we already commit in it ? (I have a gfx
    patch planned for 1.7.1 waiting to be committed).

    Thanks !
    --
    Patrick
  • Christophe Jolif at Nov 9, 2011 at 8:30 am
    Before the discussion continue only on the 1.7.x aspect of things, I
    think the question on trunk itself still holds as well. So basically
    can we commit new features (1.8) in trunk or shall we abstain for now?

    On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Kenneth G. Franqueiro
[...]

  • Bill Keese at Nov 9, 2011 at 8:56 am
    You should commit them. That's why we branched 1.7. I've already
    started committing new features for dijit.
    can we commit new features (1.8) in trunk or shall we abstain for now?
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Peter Higgins at Nov 9, 2011 at 8:58 am
    +1, go. I'll do the current doc work in the branch and merge up. Also, most of the doc issues appear to be in the parser serialization, not the actual formatting in the code.