FYI, over the weekend I went through a bunch of modules in dojox converting
them to use dojo/_base/kernel to get the dojo object.

I noticed a lot of mistakes in the conversions to granular dependency list,
lots of missing dependencies and probably some dependencies that don't need
to be there. This was bound to happen since people have been checking in
without any relevant testing. I'm not sure we can call it progress; at
least the old way there were no missing dependencies.

Doug wrote a tool for dijit to figure out the real dependencies for each
file. Maybe that could be applied to dojox.

The only real way to test though is to finish the conversion of the files to
have variables for each dojo/_base module (dlang, darray, etc.) and to use
them. I did this with parser (
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/browser/dojo/trunk/parser.js), after applying
the return values fixes for dojo/_base (
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/attachment/ticket/12672/baseReturns.2.patch).
Of course you need to make exceptions for dojo.declare() itself, and
anything listed as a dependency in a dojo.declare(), so that doc parser
still works.