Hi all,

Krys' fix was not enough to give back a normal life to charting tooltips.
They now have positioning issues. After some investigations it happens it
comes from Tooltip.js that changes from 1.6. In 1.6 the "aroundNode"
argument to showTooltip (or hideTooltip) could actually be a Rectangle
(x,y,width,height) instead of a DomNode (even if not documented). Charting
was relying on this and it does not work anymore. Indeed in 1.6 showTooltip
was using dijit.placeOnScreenAroundElement to position tooltip (that
supports Rectangle instead of DomNode) while now showTooltip is directly
using dojo.position(aroundNode) which fails with the Rectangle.

Would it be possible to still support the Rectangle use case in Tooltip.js?
This is very handy for graphical application that does not necessarily have
a DOM node for a tooltip target (like Canvas drawing for example).

Christophe
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Bill Keese at Apr 28, 2011 at 11:49 pm
    I agree that we should continue to support a Rectangle argument to
    showTooltip().

    Although you mentioned 1.6, it looks to me like the dojo.position() calls
    are from the recent changes in
    http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/changeset/24439#file2. In which case you can
    just reopen that ticket.