Please take at look at the new Dojo Mobile demo gallery we've been working
on at:
http://chrism.dojotoolkit.org/dojo-samples/demos/mobile-gallery/demo.html

Mobile Gallery - A new mobile showcase that adapts its theme and layout to
the device/browser it's being viewed on. This is still a work in progress,
next steps are to make it metadata driven.

Many inline examples of Dojo mobile functionality (1.6 widgets and layouts)

Many linked (standalone) examples, including:

OpenLayers Maps (mobile) - Some mobile demos that show how open layers maps
implementation has been integrated with Dojo. This is a work in progress.
There is also an example of how Google maps can be used directly with Dojo
mobile.

Charts demo - A stock chart demo that runs on mobile devices. Also makes
use of a number of new charting features, such as touch, data indicators,
clipping bug fixes, gfx optimizations for mobile. Change orientation, and
switch to a full screen chart view.

Gauges demo - A suite of demos that let you browse through the new
high-quality gauges, which are now touch-enabled.

Form & data binding demo - Demo of the latest MVC patches working with Dojo
mobile.

This gallery instance is running off of today's 1.7 trunk, plus many patches
that are sitting on pending tickets for 1.7. For the set of patches used to
build the demo, see http://chrism.dojotoolkit.org/make_samples.sh

All but two patches can also be found on this
report<http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/query?group=resolution&order=priority&keywords=~1.7-mobile&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=type&col=status&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&col=resolution&report0>--please
use these tickets to report issues and feedback on specific features or
demos.

This version is NOT OPTIMIZED--YET, but we feel this is a good milestone to
get community feedback. The demos and gallery teams are currently in the
process of being added into the demos.dojotoolkit.org builds with layer
files.

If you have additional mobile demos you are in the process of contributing
for Dojo 1.7, please let me know and we can work to get them integrated into
the mobile showcase.

Enjoy!
-Chris
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Chris Mitchell at Mar 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm
[...]

  • Rawld Gill at Mar 21, 2011 at 6:26 am
    This is *awesome*. Really nice looking work!

    Best,
    Rawld
    Please take at look at the new Dojo Mobile demo gallery we've been working
    on at:
    http://chrism.dojotoolkit.org/dojo-samples/demos/mobile-gallery/demo.html
  • Tom Trenka at Mar 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm
    This is looking awesome! But we'll have to get you a copy of the
    current logo =( Just showed this to a bunch of my colleagues and they
    are very impressed.

    Nice work!
    -- Tom

[...]

    All but two patches can also be found on this report--please use these
    tickets to report issues and feedback on specific features or demos.
    This version is NOT OPTIMIZED--YET, but we feel this is a good milestone to
    get community feedback. ?The demos and gallery teams are currently in the
    process of being added into the demos.dojotoolkit.org builds with layer
    files.
    If you have additional mobile demos you are in the process of contributing
    for Dojo 1.7, please let me know and we can work to get them integrated into
    the mobile showcase.
    Enjoy!
    -Chris

  • Eugene Lazutkin at Mar 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm
    Looks cool! Looking forward to work with it!

    Cheers,

    Eugene Lazutkin
    http://lazutkin.com/

[...]

  • Tom Elliott at Mar 18, 2011 at 2:04 pm
    Agreed, very good work!

    A couple of points (I'm using iOS v4.3 (8F190):

    * Shape Button: The back button's triangle pointer is a few px too far
    left, so you see the rounded corners of the underlying button.
    * Full screen Chart view: Wasn't really full screen, there was still the
    header across the top (stock view header, plus back button and 'Google Inc.'
    above it. Because you can't scroll the page by swiping over the chart it was
    quite difficult to see the entire chart in full screen view. Also, the
    transition between horizontal and vertical was really slow.
    * Really love the gauges. Wish Apple had used these in the iPod interface
    somehow (like old school iPods)

    Nice work guys

    Tom
[...]

  • Christophe Jolif at Mar 23, 2011 at 9:30 am
    Hi Tom,

    Thanks for the feedback. I have added Damien in copy who worked on the demo
    and is not on the contributors list. For the full screen chart view, well
    the help is not very accurate because it was not meant to be a full screen
    (we want to have the bar to be back to initial view, we want to keep the
    help...). What we could do it add one more interaction mode where the chart
    does not use the touch events and let you scroll more easily. Would it sound
    ok to you?

    Christophe