I've created a top level index of various design and planning docs people
have sent my way for Dojo 1.6+ work items. Please feel free to update this
page with links to any work I may have missed or be unaware of.

https://docs0.google.com/document/d/1FFNsIeLZq6cjc7lfiwzXUNuok89gyZ-Bs6VZziCk8Js/edit?authkey=CIrRz5wD&hl=en#

-Chris
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Kris Zyp at Feb 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm
    Thank you, I'm glad to see this, however I don't seem to have access to
    most of these docs. Can these be made publicly accessible?

    A couple comments on what is accessible though:
    * Shouldn't the widget gallery/showcase be integrated into the package
    repository viewer? Having packages/widgets in both the repository and
    the showcase seems like it would further exacerbate user's complaints
    about Dojo stuff being too scattered and difficult to find. It would be
    great to be able to see a demo of widgets and download/install them from
    one place.
    * Dojo 2.0 is not when packages are introduced, they are when DojoX is
    eliminated. Packages need to be created well before then. In fact, we
    should begin migrating to DojoX packages right now (actually Dojo and
    Dijit are already valid packages). More specifically, I would really
    like to see some of the key packages moved to github projects as soon as
    possible to start leveraging the features there. Can we get a
    dojo-mobile, gfx, and charting github projects started?

    Should we consider this document to be the central "wiki" for future
    Dojo plans, proposals, etc.? If so, I'll add in the information about
    different projects with code possibly to be merged into Dojo, and design
    plans for that.
    Thanks,
    Kris

    I've created a top level index of various design and planning docs
    people have sent my way for Dojo 1.6+ work items. Please feel free to
    update this page with links to any work I may have missed or be
    unaware of.

    https://docs0.google.com/document/d/1FFNsIeLZq6cjc7lfiwzXUNuok89gyZ-Bs6VZziCk8Js/edit?authkey=CIrRz5wD&hl=en#
    <https://docs0.google.com/document/d/1FFNsIeLZq6cjc7lfiwzXUNuok89gyZ-Bs6VZziCk8Js/edit?authkey=CIrRz5wD&hl=en#>

    -Chris

    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Adam L. Peller at Feb 8, 2011 at 5:01 pm

    * Shouldn't the widget gallery/showcase be integrated into the package
    repository viewer? Having packages/widgets in both the repository and the
    showcase seems like it would further exacerbate user's complaints about Dojo
    stuff being too scattered and difficult to find. It would be great to be
    able to see a demo of widgets and download/install them from one place.
    Along the same lines, what is the relationship between the package
    metadata spec and the widget metadata? For that matter, does it make
    sense to follow an existing specification like openajax metadata or
    shindig? An i18n scheme for the metadata would also be very valuable,
    I think.
    * Dojo 2.0 is not when packages are introduced, they are when DojoX is
    eliminated. Packages need to be created well before then. In fact, we should
    begin migrating to DojoX packages right now (actually Dojo and Dijit are
    already valid packages). More specifically, I would really like to see some
    of the key packages moved to github projects as soon as possible to start
    leveraging the features there. Can we get a dojo-mobile, gfx, and charting
    github projects started?
    +1

    -Adam
  • Bill Keese at Feb 8, 2011 at 10:16 pm
    Chris, can you change the links to be the view links rather than the edit
    links? For example, Evan's document should be the publicly accessible
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1OwgSJGNfh6jzAjHvagWj74wBxPmyiZBGishy5F96G48,
    not the link with /edit?... in it.

    Also, everyone should change their document sharing settings to "anyone with
    link", not private. ("Share" drop down button in the upper right)

    I've created a top level index of various design and planning docs people
    have sent my way for Dojo 1.6+ work items. Please feel free to update this
    page with links to any work I may have missed or be unaware of.

    https://docs0.google.com/document/d/1FFNsIeLZq6cjc7lfiwzXUNuok89gyZ-Bs6VZziCk8Js/edit?authkey=CIrRz5wD&hl=en#

    -Chris

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Chris Mitchell at Feb 9, 2011 at 6:00 am
    will do!

    -chris