Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in last night's #dojo-meeting, we've been working on a
revised version of dojotoolkit.org...the goal is easier maintenance and the
incorporation of the API doc tool I wrote, and replacing the blog software
with WordPress. The new version is now running at
http://staging.dojotoolkit.org/ and we could use a number of eyes on it, to
make sure we didn't miss anything.

If you have spare cycles, can you hit the staging site and point out
anything that we might have missed? We are not concerned with content
changes at this time (there's a few in this update), but more of the
infrastructure things: missing pages, URLs that are malformed, styles that
might be off, that sort of thing. The reference guide should be unchanged
from the current deployment, but anything you might find in there along
these lines would also be helpful.

I'd prefer at this point that things you might find are put in this email
thread (one place to trace, etc) instead trying to email me or anyone else
privately; if you feel that your comments shouldn't be public, email me at
ttrenka AT gmail.

Thanks in advance, and we're going to push this live much sooner than later,
so the time window is short =(

Regards--
Tom
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Shane O'Sullivan at Nov 11, 2010 at 12:35 pm
    Hi Tom,

    The API tool is really nice. However a couple of issues:

    - The API tool doesn't seem to have a search feature.

    - The API tool (and the existing one) is missing some things, e.g.
    dojo._URL. I know it's 'private' but it should be discoverable, even
    if it can be filtered out using a toggle.

    - The main sites search feature returns no results

    Thanks, and great work,

    Shane

[...]

  • Tom Trenka at Nov 11, 2010 at 1:14 pm
    Hey Shane,

    Thanks for the head's up on the search, we'll take a looksee. On the
    private _URL, I made a deliberate decision to not include anything defined
    as "private" (i.e. preceded with an "_") in the tree on the left, though it
    should be discoverable when you load the hosting object's page/tab.

    My goal is to have the API tool be searchable as long as it's indexible, and
    the tool actually allows for that (though I need to figure out what goes on
    that initial page yet). At that point, the same Google search (that's
    busted as you mentioned) should work for anything in API.

    Please keep them coming!
    -- Tom
[...]

  • Adam L. Peller at Nov 11, 2010 at 2:38 pm
    This is a problem on the existing site as well, but all of the
    examples in the reference guide appear to have partial "_static" urls
    which obviously cannot be copy/pasted locally and in some cases don't
    even seem to work well on the site (e.g. dojo.xhr) I think there was
    some dojocampus transform trick that took care of this at one time,
    but it appears to have regressed.

    The archive link in the dojo-contrib mailman page
    http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-contributors is 404
    (also not a new problem)

    The new API tool rocks!

    I've asked before, but how about a link to stackoverflow?

    -Adam

    On 11 November 2010 09:35, Shane O'Sullivan <shaneosullivan1 at gmail.com>
[...]

  • Tom Trenka at Nov 12, 2010 at 2:00 pm
    Fixed this, apparently there was an errant "t" character in the HTML
    definition.

    Please keep them coming!
    -- Tom
[...]

  • Chris Mitchell at Nov 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm
    Hi Tom,
    Noticed in the api docs we're using syntax highlighter, this can be replaced
    with dojox.highlight.Code widget if we want to go all dojo...
    -Chris