Hi,

in the past, most of the time when a new Dojo Toolkit version was
released, I've seen some problems. Some of them were minor problems,
some others gave our users a motive for moaning. I would like to see,
that we collect all necessary tasks (also the minor tasks) within a
check list. After doing this we can use the check list for each release
(beta version, release candidate and final version), in order to help us
not to forget a task.

I've started such a check list with some ideas from my side at
http://docs.dojocampus.org/checklists/release-v1.5.0rc1

We could copy this check list from each release to the next. If you
knows the necessary steps in detail, you could insert them and if we
forget a task, we can add it, so that the list will become better and
better.

Do you think it's a good idea and if so, would you like use this list
and add your name together with a timestamp in the "Done" column for the
coming RC1?

Regards,
Marcus

Search Discussions

  • Bill Keese at May 22, 2010 at 9:05 pm
    Looks like a good idea, not that I'm volunteering to do all those things
    (especially since I don't have permission to do half of them).
    Alternately we could keep it in trac.
[...]

  • Adam L. Peller at May 23, 2010 at 8:21 am
    Good idea, Marcus. The version number in trac is changed
    automatically by the release script. The API files are also supposed
    to be copied over by the release script, but I'm not sure exactly how
    that's supposed to work.

    The step that I think causes the most trouble because of dependencies
    is the CDN release. I, for example, would cut a release and Pete or
    James would make it available for the CDN, but we traditionally would
    not blog or post the release until that step was completed by Google
    or AOL.

    -Adam

    On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Marcus Reimann

    --
    http://www.dojotoolkit-forum.de

  • James Burke at May 25, 2010 at 1:57 am