are there any docs for dojo's api generator?

i'm trying to generate a properly formatted xml file for aptana to use
for code assist. the current code assist for dojo in aptana, uses our
generated api.xml directly but it's not in the appropriate format [1]
and so we currently don't have code assist in aptana even though
aptana claims to have support. this makes both us and aptana look
bad. also, it would be good if we could update aptana to use dojo 1.4
rather than a 1.3 that doesn't work.

so far i've got a script [2] which runs in node.js via http://github.com/novemberborn/dojo
but the script only demonstrates that it's possible to do what i
want to do - the template needs to be expanded. i was wondering if we
have a document which at least lists what properties and values i
might find in api.json/api.xml so that i can map as much as possible
into the template. finding the properties is not too difficult but
knowing all the possible values for some of the properties (eg scope)
is a guessing game.

any help?

thanks,

ben...

[1] http://docs.aptana.com/dev/index.php/ScriptDoc_XML_Reference
[2] http://gist.github.com/290871
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Tom Trenka at Feb 1, 2010 at 10:15 am
    The format generated by the doc script (generate.php, the xml one) is
    pretty close to the Aptana spec; the only real difference is the root
    node for each object (at least that's what it looks like on
    inspection). I seem to remember that the majority of the XML format
    created by Neil's tools were developed in conjunction with Aptana...

    I can probably write a quick XSLT for you to translate our api.xml to
    what Aptana needs but I'm not sure when I can get to it this week
    (busy busy busy!). When would you need this by?

    -- Tom

[...]

  • Ben Hockey at Feb 1, 2010 at 7:51 pm
    tom,

    i don't have a timeframe that i need this by - since august i've been
    meaning to spend some time to figure out why dojo code assist quit
    working in aptana (http://support.aptana.com/asap/browse/STU-4717) so
    another week or another month won't hurt.

    somebody did a conversion for dojo 1.2 but it wasn't done for 1.3 and
    hasn't worked since sometime in near the middle of last year. i think
    it was aptana who did the conversion for 1.2 and maybe whoever did it
    still has a tool for the conversion but so far i haven't been able to
    jolt anyone's memory about it (or get any kind of response from
    aptana). yesterday rawld was mentioning aptana as an example of
    support but this has definitely not been my experience - perhaps the
    reference was just about their website?

    dojo 1.4 support hasn't been added to aptana yet so if you had the
    chance to put something together, maybe we could give it to aptana and
    ask them to work it into their release process and at the same time,
    we could ask them to include dojo 1.4

    any help would be good.

    thanks,

    ben...