All,

Due to my recent work in adding maven repositories to dojo and cometd,
it has become apparent that some of the existing and recently assigned
names for maven group IDs, artifact IDs and java package names were
not very consistent, had problems with duplicated names and resulted
in poorly named artefacts.

So this is a small advanced warning that I will soon check in (to dojo,
cometd and Jetty) some renames.

The group/artifact IDs that are:

OLD NEW
org.dojotoolkit/project org.dojotoolkit/dojo-project
org.dojotoolkit/dojo org.dojotoolkit/dojo
org.dojotoolkit.java/project
org.dojotoolkit.java/dojo org.dojotoolkit/dojo-war

org.cometd/project org.cometd/cometd-project
org.cometd.java/project org.cometd.java/cometd-java-project
org.cometd.java/api org.cometd.java/cometd-api
org.cometd.dojox/examples org.cometd.dojox/cometd-examples

org.mortbay.jetty/cometd org.mortbay.jetty/cometd-project
org.mortbay.jetty/cometd-bayeux org.mortbay.jetty/cometd-jetty
org.mortbay.jetty/cometd-demo org.mortbay.jetty/cometd-demo
org.mortbay.jetty/bayeux-client org.mortbay.jetty/cometd-client

The java package name dojox.cometd has been renamed to org.cometd,
so dojox.cometd.Bayeux api is now org.cometd.Bayeux

The resulting jar names are improved by this change, so that the
jars needed to run cometd-jetty are now called:

cometd-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar cometd-jetty-6.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Sorry for the inconvenience of this refactor, but now is the time
to do this, before any artefacts have been published to the central
repository.

I will attempt to update as many consumers of these artefacts as I
have commit permission for.

regards

groupdojo-contributors @
categoriesdojo