Hi Dojo-ers,

I am Robertus Harmawan Johansyah (or just call me Robert since it is too
long, hehe). First at first, I am really happy and honored to be part of
DOJO contributors... Enhancing GFX plugin is my first contribution for DOJO,
just for brief idea, this project will make kind of on top layer from
Canvas3D (Firefox's part to able draw 3D). On top layer? Fine... but why?
Well it is because of, the way to use the Canvas3D is too hard for web
developer... It contains a lot of graphic code (to be exact OpenGL code).
Another thing, I am currently studying at Macquarie University, Sydney,
Australia as Computer Scientist... At last, nice to meet you all guys!

From,

Robert
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Balogh at Apr 22, 2008 at 12:39 pm

    Robertus Harmawan Johansyah wrote:
    Hi Dojo-ers,

    I am Robertus Harmawan Johansyah (or just call me Robert since it is too
    long, hehe). First at first, I am really happy and honored to be part of
    DOJO contributors... Enhancing GFX plugin is my first contribution for DOJO,
    just for brief idea, this project will make kind of on top layer from
    Canvas3D (Firefox's part to able draw 3D). On top layer? Fine... but why?
    Well it is because of, the way to use the Canvas3D is too hard for web
    developer... It contains a lot of graphic code (to be exact OpenGL code).
    Another thing, I am currently studying at Macquarie University, Sydney,
    Australia as Computer Scientist... At last, nice to meet you all guys!
    Cool Robert, that sounds interesting. Does 3D drawing only work in firefox?

    Hi everybody, I'm Jeff Balogh. I'm in the middle of my 4th year at U of Central
    Florida, and I'm quite excited to start my summer of code!

    My project is to make a drag & drop form editor; the full proposal is available
    at http://cs.ucf.edu/~jbalogh/soc.
  • Bob Remeika at Apr 22, 2008 at 4:14 pm
    Robertus and Jeff,

    I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say that we are happy to
    welcome new energetic thinkers into the community. We received some very
    well written and thorough proposals this year, and I am very excited to see
    what you guys build. Congratulations and welcome!!!!

    Regards,
    Bob
[...]

    at http://cs.ucf.edu/~jbalogh/soc <http://cs.ucf.edu/%7Ejbalogh/soc>.
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Robertus Harmawan Johansyah at Apr 22, 2008 at 8:00 pm
    Hi Jeff and Bob,

    Yes, unfortunately it is only for Firefox but dont worry... As long as, the
    Firefox can show to the world about his new invention... I am sure not in
    long time, the standard web thingy will pick it and set it as a web standard
    feature... wow! You got interesting project... 'Drag n Drop' form for your
    another project... I can see why you need it... I think it is essential
    component for dynamic allocation...

    Hi Bob, I will do my best since I got same case like Jeff, not only benefit
    DOJO, my project will benefit my other project as furniture website... Have
    you imagine to put 3d model inside furniture model so that user can sure
    about what thing they will buy? not only limited to the furniture, this can
    be for many other things! I call it new generation marketing method for
    e-shop... no more boring image... Ah! I cant wait to put this to my blog!
    LOL!

    Anyway, nice to meet you all!
[...]

  • Mike Ter Louw at Apr 22, 2008 at 8:35 pm
    Hi Dojo Community,

    I'm Mike Ter Louw, one of Dojo's students in the Google Summer of Code.
    It's great to be here working on web app technology during this
    exciting time! My project will be to integrate "native" cryptography
    into Google Gears, hopefully to the benefit of Dojo Offline. I'm
    currently a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Illinois at Chicago
    where most of my effort is focused on web security.

    I look forward to meeting everyone and having a very productive Summer!

    Mike
  • Osandi Malage at Apr 22, 2008 at 10:23 pm
    Hi all, I'm Osandi Malage. I'm 3rd year student at University of Ruhuna, Sri
    Lanka. I'm also quite exited to get started with my project Dojo-charting
    improvements. There I'd be adding new charting types, improving charting
    engine by multi axis support, time series support, etc. This will be my
    first contribution to Dojo, so i'm looking forward to working with you ppl!
    :)
[...]

  • Eugene Lazutkin at Apr 22, 2008 at 11:01 pm
    Welcome! I hope that together we'll push charting to new heights!

    Thanks,

    Eugene

    On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Jeff Balogh <its.jeff.balogh at gmail.com
[...]

  • Jon Moeller at Apr 23, 2008 at 9:52 am
    Hey people,

    I'm Jon Moeller, and this summer I'm working with Bob Remeika on d-rails: a
    rails plugin to allow easy use of dojo within the ruby on rails web
    framework. This looks like it's going to be the first real javascript
    framework released as a plugin for rails, giving developers a viable
    alternative to prototype and script.aculo.us, the two js frameworks that are
    bundled with every rails distribution. I'm pretty excited about the project
    so far, and can't wait to get started.

    - Jon