I thought I had found a bug with IE7 zoom and ComboBox but then it turns
out that zoom on a simple page w/out dojo doesn't work either:

http://dojotoolkit.org/~bill/zoom.html

I'm quite surprised to see a bug that impacts end users like that, as
opposed to just inconveniencing web developers. Seems like the zoom
feature is largely unusable.

Is there something I'm missing? Is it unusual to use an <input> as an
inline element? Is it just unusual for IE end-users to press Ctrl+ to
zoom rather than using the menu to change text size?

BTW it is fixed in IE8.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Wubben at Mar 10, 2008 at 8:45 am
    Oh, wow.

    I found that in the DOM IE isn't very consistent regarding page zoom
    either. Some properties return their values as CSS pixels, others as
    device pixels. Needless to say, this makes handling zoom quite
    painful. I'd assume this is also the cause for this bug, so hopefully
    the internals are more consistent in IE8 as well.
    I thought I had found a bug with IE7 zoom and ComboBox but then it
    turns
    out that zoom on a simple page w/out dojo doesn't work either:

    http://dojotoolkit.org/~bill/zoom.html

    I'm quite surprised to see a bug that impacts end users like that, as
    opposed to just inconveniencing web developers. Seems like the zoom
    feature is largely unusable.

    Is there something I'm missing? Is it unusual to use an <input> as an
    inline element? Is it just unusual for IE end-users to press Ctrl+ to
    zoom rather than using the menu to change text size?

    BTW it is fixed in IE8.
    Mark
  • Bill Keese at Mar 10, 2008 at 9:47 am

    Mark Wubben wrote:
    Oh, wow.

    I found that in the DOM IE isn't very consistent regarding page zoom
    either. Some properties return their values as CSS pixels, others as
    device pixels. Needless to say, this makes handling zoom quite
    painful.
    /me makes mental note to test popup (ie, drop down) positioning against
    IE8 in zoom mode.

groupdojo-contributors @
categoriesdojo
postedMar 9, '08 at 10:12p