Does anyone know why IE doesnt work with window.onsubmit?
I have a global form handler that works great in FF, but in IE, I cant
find any object that form.onsubmit() bubbles up to...

my form is inside a dialog, I've tried connecting to:
dlg.domNode (forms parent)
window
document
document.documentElement (FisheyeList uses this for some stuff, so
I figured I'd try it)
document.body
dojo.doc
null

any one have any suggestions or prior experience with this? Google
isnt really showing much unfortunately either :(

Thanks

--
-Karl Tiedt

Search Discussions

  • David Bolter at Nov 17, 2007 at 4:51 pm
    I don't think onsubmit bubbles on IE. What about connecting onsubmit for
    your Dialog's form, to your global form handler?

    David

    Karl Tiedt wrote:
    Does anyone know why IE doesnt work with window.onsubmit?
    I have a global form handler that works great in FF, but in IE, I cant
    find any object that form.onsubmit() bubbles up to...

    my form is inside a dialog, I've tried connecting to:
    dlg.domNode (forms parent)
    window
    document
    document.documentElement (FisheyeList uses this for some stuff, so
    I figured I'd try it)
    document.body
    dojo.doc
    null

    any one have any suggestions or prior experience with this? Google
    isnt really showing much unfortunately either :(

    Thanks
  • Karl Tiedt at Nov 17, 2007 at 4:56 pm
    the dialog is a global dialog for the application, it loads I dont
    even know how many different forms inside it, dpeending on the action
    passed to the dlg via the messaging topics we use.

    I'm thinking of just having the CGI people inject a hard coded
    onsubmit=... into all the forms when the CGI process them and spits
    them out for the browser if there isnt a better solution.

    -Karl