There's an entry on wikipedia for dojo toolkit, but it's so non-
neutral that even the wikipedia page gives it the smackdown.

I know that you're not supposed to edit an entry which is about
something you do.
Plan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dojo_Toolkit

Search Discussions

  • Mignon Belongie at May 1, 2006 at 7:17 pm
    Hi, I'm Mignon -- I work with Brian Skinner on the OpenRecord project.

    I've been trying to use the build system to make an OpenRecord build.
    I was able to make it work, but only by removing all the dojo.require
    statements from the final compressed file. I think they're causing a
    problem only because we have (a lot of) circular dependencies, but
    since all dojo.requireAfterIf and dojo.requireAfter statements are
    already deleted by build.xml, I'm wondering if there's any reason not
    to delete the dojo.require statements at the same time (that is, just
    after all the needed files are concatenated).

    I was hesitant to ask this, for fear that there's some blatantly
    obvious reason why the dojo.require's should stay in, but since it
    works for me without them, and other people might someday have the same
    problem, I decided to go ahead.

    Thanks,
    Mignon
  • Mignon Belongie at May 1, 2006 at 8:01 pm
    [Sorry for posting twice, but I inadvertently made my first post part
    of another thread.]

[...]

  • Scott J. Miles at May 1, 2006 at 10:38 pm
    I think they're causing a problem only because we have (a lot of)
    circular dependencies

    Circular dependencies should not be an issue in general. Perhaps there is a
    more subtle problem?

    "dojo.provide" creates a sentinel object (the namespace object itself) that
    prevents future "dojo.require" calls from attempting to reload a particular
    namespace.

    Regards,
    Scott J. Miles
    TurboAjax Group
    http://www.turboajax.com

[...]

  • James Burke at May 1, 2006 at 10:59 pm
    What is the problem or error that you get with the custom build?

    James
[...]

  • Mignon Belongie at May 2, 2006 at 9:18 am