...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta launch...didn't
realize that was where you worked until I stumbled on your blog :)

Tom

Search Discussions

  • Tom Trenka at Jun 30, 2004 at 10:56 pm
    Whoops, sent this via the wrong account and was promptly rejected...
    ...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta
    launch...didn't realize that was where you worked until I
    stumbled on your blog :)

    Tom
  • Joyce Park at Jun 30, 2004 at 11:36 pm
    Thanks Tom! :-)

    I seem to have set off some kind of JSP vs PHP flame war, which was not my
    intention at all. Highly amusing. JP

    --- Tom Trenka wrote:
    Whoops, sent this via the wrong account and was promptly rejected...
    ...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta
    launch...didn't realize that was where you worked until I
    stumbled on your blog :)
  • Tom Trenka at Jul 1, 2004 at 12:26 am
    Lol...that's a no-brainer. They both suck :)

    (just kidding)

    Personally I'd pick PHP over JSP most times, unless I was allowed to write
    the servlet directly...but then that would be seriously off-topic. And I'd
    have to start hawking the concept that I actually prefer .NET over
    everything else, but then I digress.

    ;)

    --- Tom Trenka wrote:
    Whoops, sent this via the wrong account and was promptly rejected...
    ...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta
    launch...didn't realize that was where you worked until I
    stumbled
    on your blog :)
  • Aaron Boodman at Jul 1, 2004 at 12:19 am
    I just spent 30 minutes reading that comment thread. There's half an hour I
    won't get back.

    Congrats, Joyce.

    --- Tom Trenka wrote:
    Whoops, sent this via the wrong account and was promptly rejected...
    ...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta
    launch...didn't realize that was where you worked until I
    stumbled
    on your blog :)
  • David at Jul 1, 2004 at 10:57 am
    Congrats!

    Funny how quickly comments can get derailed from a post.

    --- Tom Trenka wrote:
    Whoops, sent this via the wrong account and was promptly rejected...
    ...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta
    launch...didn't realize that was where you worked until I
    stumbled
    on your blog :)
  • Leonard Lin at Jul 1, 2004 at 2:12 pm
    Speaking of off-topic, I'm a PHP guy at heart, but have been doing lots
    of Java recently (student portal will be uPortal based). My main beef
    w/ Java is the sheer number of competing frameworks for, well
    *everything* - JSF, JSTL, Struts/Spring/WebWork/Tapestry,
    Hibernate/JDO/Castor/CMP, etc. etc. A lot of complexity for maybe not
    so much gain.

    Joyce, would be interested in hearing about what you guys went through
    @ Friendster (as you alluded to in your post), or anyone else's J2E
    experiences off-list.

    --- Tom Trenka wrote:
    Whoops, sent this via the wrong account and was promptly rejected...
    ...off topic to be sure, but congrats on the Friendster beta
    launch...didn't realize that was where you worked until I
    stumbled
    on your blog :)
  • Aaron Boodman at Jul 1, 2004 at 2:03 pm
    *Me Too*

    I am really interesting in hearing what you guys tried (and which apparently
    failed) to imporve the perf. on J2EE.

    --
    Aaron