I represent a company that has just recently started to use Cloud Foundry.
They are looking for someone with openstack experience, exp with cloud
foundry, ruby / rails chops... their core product is an operating system
developed in python - very low level, basementy code, though the ruby
contractor will be working on top of our core product with cloud foundry.
If you have happen to know of anyone that is an early adopter of your
system, then let's connect. It is part-time work to begin with (20 hrs per
week), but our client is willing to pay a pretty penny for the correct
*Ruby Systems Engineer (Contract)- our W2 contracts come with benefits (if
you already have benefits from another source we will pay you not to take
them)- we can also do 1099 in certain cases, but those deals do not come
This is an ongoing contract position, full or part-time, but a minimum of
20 hours per week. Potential to turn into full-time opportunity.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, RVM,
- Cloud Foundry experience
- DevOps experience a huge plus (Chef, Puppet)
- Distributed Systems experience is an asset
*Skills and Experience*
- Understand the mechanics of working with cloud storage, servers, and
- Familiarity with the OpenStack APIs
- Have used fog or boto for controlling AWS or OpenStack clouds
- Have experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development and Agile
- Can work independently with minimal oversight
- Can collaborate with internal and external partners
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working on open source code in a large community
- Can support tight timelines for mission-critical customer deployments
- Continued development of the BOSH CPI for OpenStack
- Adding new features to Cloud Foundry and BOSH
- Supporting integrations between CF, OpenStack, and an ecosystem of
- Tuning system and service performance
- Developing extended buildpacks and service packs
Sr Technical Recruiter
The Global Edge Consultants
Work Cell: 480-285-7495
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Ryan Grenz wrote:
Hmm yes.. I can't find any way to use it after a v149 deployment. Was
starting to wonder whether its actually ready myself. I agree if its not
ready, it probably shouldn't be in a final release yet.
On Saturday, 9 November 2013 14:34:42 UTC, Dr Nic Williams wrote:
Saturday morning thought: perhaps we can remove the narc job & src until
someone comes back to finishing it? (https://github.com/cloudfoundry/narchasn't been touched for 2 months)
8 of the submodules are for narc:
✗ curl https://gist.github.com/drnic/7379917/raw/
7ee4af2af5f53421363c764e193eeb7043f2458a/gistfile1.txt | grep narc |
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/cloudfoundry/gibson': checked
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/cloudfoundry/go_cfmessagebus':
checked out '385898565e4dcb6dd3bd88bd8d207610d57f1b34'
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/cloudfoundry/gordon': checked
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/cloudfoundry/narc': checked out '
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/cloudfoundry/yagnats': checked
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/kr/pty': checked out '
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/kylelemons/go-gypsy': checked
Submodule path 'src/narc/src/github.com/nu7hatch/gouuid': checked out '
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.