We would love to get your feedback on our new beta Cloud Foundry deployment
tool called the Uhuru Cloud Commander (UCC).

This tool allows you to use a web browser to choose which Cloud Foundry
services you wish and then automatically sets everything up. UCC uses BOSH
to create all the virtual machines that are needed.

There is a video that demonstrates UCC on the beta registration form.

You will automatically be allowed to download the UCC beta when you fill
out this short form:

*http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1320783/UCC-beta-registration?yz=cff*<http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1320783/UCC-beta-registration?yz=cff>

Right now UCC only supports Cloud Foundry version 1. We also include the
Uhuru Windows .NET DEA and Microsoft SQL Server services as options.

Thanks,

Michael Surkan

Search Discussions

  • Andy Piper at Aug 1, 2013 at 10:47 am
    Looks interesting, Michael - I've taken a look at the video. It seems as
    though you have a nice GUI for driving some of the underlying BOSH
    deployment manifests (the description on your survey form references BOSH
    at least, so I assume that is what is going on under the covers)

    What are your plans for moving to the v2 API? - the work and discussions on
    this list are really focussed on v2 API targets, so I'm guessing you'll get
    more feedback once people can try this out with a v2 environment.

    Also, any plans for this to be Open Sourced so that others can collaborate?
    We would love to get your feedback on our new beta Cloud Foundry
    deployment tool called the Uhuru Cloud Commander (UCC).

    This tool allows you to use a web browser to choose which Cloud Foundry
    services you wish and then automatically sets everything up. UCC uses BOSH
    to create all the virtual machines that are needed.

    There is a video that demonstrates UCC on the beta registration form.

    You will automatically be allowed to download the UCC beta when you fill
    out this short form:

    *http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1320783/UCC-beta-registration?yz=cff*<http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1320783/UCC-beta-registration?yz=cff>

    Right now UCC only supports Cloud Foundry version 1. We also include the
    Uhuru Windows .NET DEA and Microsoft SQL Server services as options.

    Thanks,

    Michael Surkan
  • Michael Surkan at Aug 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm
    Yes, we use BOSH for doing all the deployments and create manifests. You
    can see the manifests if you use the "IMPORT" and "EXPORT" functions of
    UCC. For right now UCC only deploys CF 1 but we plan on having CF 2 support
    eventually.
  • Michael Surkan at Aug 29, 2013 at 11:14 pm
    We have now published an updated beta of the Uhuru Cloud Commander which
    has automatic versioning, allowing you to easily upgrade CF clouds to new
    versions without disrupting existing apps, data, or accounts. If you want
    to try it just fill out this form and we'll create an account so you can
    download it.

    http://uhurusoftware.com/ucctrial/

    By the way, we hope the community will ask us to show another new UCC
    feature we are working on at the upcoming CF conference in San Francisco on
    September 8. We would love to show people our alpha support for deploying
    CF 2 including our .NET DEA and MSSQL services (running in native C# code).

  • Troy Astle at Aug 30, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    Hi.

    I get a 404 when I hit this link:
    http://uhurusoftware.com/ucctrial/