Hi,guys,

I still got a error when push app to cloudfoundry

App is a simple ruby project only return string "Hello world"

The error is blew:

root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# cf push
Name> hello

Save configuration?> n

Uploading hello... OK
Stopping hello... OK

Preparing to start hello... OK
-----> Downloaded app package (4.0K)
-----> Using Ruby version: ruby-1.9.3
-----> Installing dependencies using Bundler version 1.3.2
        Running: bundle install --without development:test --path
vendor/bundle --binstubs vendor/bundle/bin --deployment
        Fetching source index from http://ruby.taobao.org/
        Installing rack (1.5.2)
        Using bundler (1.3.2)
        Your bundle is complete! It was installed into ./vendor/bundle
        Cleaning up the bundler cache.

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
-----> Uploading droplet (23M)
Checking status of app 'hello'...Application failed to stage

And I checked app state:

root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# cf apps
Getting applications in cfspace... OK

name status usage url
hello staging failed 1 x 128M hello.mycloud.com
venu staging failed 1 x 256M venu.mycloud.com

But I can got the return string:

root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# curl hello.mycloud.com
Hello World!

I don't know what happen with this.

Search Discussions

  • James Bayer at Jul 25, 2013 at 2:49 pm
    if you use the "-t" command on cf it will give you tracing. I'm suspecting
    it's a standard server-side return code like 170001 or something and that
    the Cloud Controller believes the app failed to stage, yet the DEA's did
    not have a problem starting the app. So somewhere there has been a
    miscommunication in the state between the DEAs and Cloud Controller. We
    have not seen this particular error in our envs lately to my knowledge.

    If you are working from a recent version of the components this is not
    expected. Hopefully you installed CF with BOSH or something that makes it
    easy to update to our commits.

    If you can reproduce this on run.pivotal.io then it will be easier for us
    to identify the root cause.

    --
    Thank you,

    James Bayer
  • AliBaBa at Jul 26, 2013 at 2:03 am
    Thanks James,

    By adding the "-t" to "cf push" command,traning is blew like you said:

    -----> Downloaded app package (4.0K)
    -----> Using Ruby version: ruby-1.9.3
    -----> Installing dependencies using Bundler version 1.3.2
            Running: bundle install --without development:test --path
    vendor/bundle --binstubs vendor/bundle/bin --deployment
            Fetching source index from http://ruby.taobao.org/
            Installing rack (1.5.2)
            Using bundler (1.3.2)
            Your bundle is complete! It was installed into ./vendor/bundle
            Cleaning up the bundler cache.
    -----> Uploading droplet (23M)
    Checking status of app 'hello'...>>>
    REQUEST: GET
    http://api.mycloud.com/v2/apps/a20a326a-cb8e-4c89-9714-420a9774ec9c/instances
    REQUEST_HEADERS:
       Accept : application/json
       Authorization : [PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]
    RESPONSE: [400]
    RESPONSE_HEADERS:
       content-length : 89
       content-type : application/json;charset=utf-8
       date : Fri, 26 Jul 2013 01:54:09 GMT
       server : nginx
       x-content-type-options : nosniff
       x-vcap-request-id : 2fcb1787-bf9d-4408-84f5-059f1a15e4a2
    RESPONSE_BODY:
    {
       "code": 170001,
       "description": "Staging error: cannot get instances since staging failed"
    }
    <<<
    Application failed to stage

    I deployed CloudFoundry by using BOSH,and the version is newest.

    在 2013年7月25日星期四UTC+8下午10时49分07秒,James Bayer写道:

    On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM, AliBaBa <shis...@gmail.com <javascript:>
    I still got a error when push app to cloudfoundry

    App is a simple ruby project only return string "Hello world"

    The error is blew:

    root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# cf push
    Name> hello

    Save configuration?> n

    Uploading hello... OK
    Stopping hello... OK

    Preparing to start hello... OK
    -----> Downloaded app package (4.0K)
    -----> Using Ruby version: ruby-1.9.3
    -----> Installing dependencies using Bundler version 1.3.2
    Running: bundle install --without development:test --path
    vendor/bundle --binstubs vendor/bundle/bin --deployment
    Fetching source index from http://ruby.taobao.org/
    Installing rack (1.5.2)
    Using bundler (1.3.2)
    Your bundle is complete! It was installed into ./vendor/bundle
    Cleaning up the bundler cache.

    gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    -----> Uploading droplet (23M)
    Checking status of app 'hello'...Application failed to stage

    And I checked app state:

    root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# cf apps
    Getting applications in cfspace... OK

    name status usage url
    hello staging failed 1 x 128M hello.mycloud.com
    venu staging failed 1 x 256M venu.mycloud.com

    But I can got the return string:

    root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# curl hello.mycloud.com
    Hello World!

    I don't know what happen with this.

    --
    Thank you,

    James Bayer
  • Ronak banka at Jul 29, 2013 at 6:35 am
    Hello,

           Did you get something on it what can be the issue??
> [...]

    -----> Installing dependencies using Bundler version 1.3.2
    Running: bundle install --without development:test --path
    vendor/bundle --binstubs vendor/bundle/bin --deployment
    Fetching source index from http://ruby.taobao.org/
    Installing rack (1.5.2)
    Using bundler (1.3.2)
    Your bundle is complete! It was installed into ./vendor/bundle
    Cleaning up the bundler cache.

    gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    -----> Uploading droplet (23M)
    Checking status of app 'hello'...Application failed to stage

    And I checked app state:

    root@bosh-cli:~/cf_demoapp_ruby_rack# cf apps
    Getting applications in cfspace... OK

    name status usage url
    hello staging failed 1 x 128M hello.mycloud.com
    venu staging failed 1 x 256M venu.mycloud.com

  • Dr Nic Williams at Sep 11, 2013 at 4:59 pm
    We've seen this issue a couple times on OpenStack the last few days. We
    think its a (temporary) internal network issue.

    What seemed to work was to add ICMP to the security group. We don't think
    this is because ICMP is required - rather because we changed the security
    group, it may have triggered OpenStack to refresh its networking.

    That's our theory :)

    Nic