imagemagick takes 15 minutes to compile and I'm not sure if its necessary for cf v2 with warden containers; or if the package is even available from within the containers (I assume its not).

Can it be removed?
--
Dr Nic Williams
Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry

Search Discussions

  • Ruben Koster at Jul 18, 2013 at 6:15 am
    I think it could be removed. As can be seen here<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/stacks/blob/master/lucid64/build#L26> the
    imagemagick package is contained in the warden rootfs package. I however do
    not know how the rootfs is versioned. Because its distributed via a blob.
    So it could be that imagemagick is not yet included.
    imagemagick takes 15 minutes to compile and I'm not sure if its necessary
    for cf v2 with warden containers; or if the package is even available from
    within the containers (I assume its not).

    Can it be removed?
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
    http://starkandwayne.com
    +1 415 860 2185
    twitter: drnic
    --

    ------------------------------

    Have an innovative day

    *Innovation Factory *De Lairessestraat 180* *1075 HM Amsterdam* *+31
    20 7787008 www.innovationfactory.eu

    *
    Disclaimer*
    *The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
    material. Any use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
    delete the material from any computer. Innovation Factory does not accept
    liability for any errors, viruses or omissions in the contents of this
    message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. No employee or
    agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
    Innovation Factory with another party by email.*
  • Mkropf at Jul 18, 2013 at 6:47 pm
    Thanks Dr Nic, we'll investigate if we can indeed remove it and get it in
    the backlog.

    How's your super-devstack server doing?

    Mark Kropf
    imagemagick takes 15 minutes to compile and I'm not sure if its necessary
    for cf v2 with warden containers; or if the package is even available from
    within the containers (I assume its not).

    Can it be removed?
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
    http://starkandwayne.com
    +1 415 860 2185
    twitter: drnic
  • James Bayer at Jul 23, 2013 at 3:08 pm
    fyi, 'investigate removing imagemagick' is the 4th story in the backend
    team's backlog.
    Thanks Dr Nic, we'll investigate if we can indeed remove it and get it in
    the backlog.

    How's your super-devstack server doing?

    Mark Kropf
    imagemagick takes 15 minutes to compile and I'm not sure if its necessary
    for cf v2 with warden containers; or if the package is even available from
    within the containers (I assume its not).

    Can it be removed?
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
    http://starkandwayne.com
    +1 415 860 2185
    twitter: drnic
  • Dr Nic Williams at Jul 23, 2013 at 3:09 pm
    thanks mate

    fyi, 'investigate removing imagemagick' is the 4th story in the backend
    team's backlog.

    Thanks Dr Nic, we'll investigate if we can indeed remove it and get it in
    the backlog.

    How's your super-devstack server doing?

    Mark Kropf
    imagemagick takes 15 minutes to compile and I'm not sure if its
    necessary for cf v2 with warden containers; or if the package is even
    available from within the containers (I assume its not).

    Can it be removed?
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
    http://starkandwayne.com
    +1 415 860 2185
    twitter: drnic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic
  • Ruben Koster at Jul 23, 2013 at 3:21 pm
    Today have tested if imagemagic is indeed included in the rootfs. And it is. Our rails application could succesfully resize images.
    So the image magic package can be removed.
[...]

  • Alan moran at Jul 24, 2013 at 1:56 am
    We finished this today. Should be on master.

    Cheers,
    Alan Moran.

    Sent from my iPhone

    On 23 Jul, 2013, at 8:10, Ruben Koster <ruben.koster@innovationfactory.eu> wrote
[...]

    The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Innovation Factory does not accept liability for any errors, viruses or omissions in the contents of this message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Innovation Factory with another party by email.

groupvcap-dev @
postedJul 17, '13 at 6:01p
activeJul 24, '13 at 1:56a