Are the people who want to give feedback on my pull-request?
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-services-contrib-release/pulls
It feels wrong to just merge my stuff without any community involvement.

Does anyone has a good idea for doing organizing this process?

Also who do I have to contact for getting access to the contrib blobstore?
As one pull-request requires an additional blob (rootfs/lucid64).

Kind regards,

Ruben

--

------------------------------

Have an innovative day

*Innovation Factory *De Lairessestraat 180* *1075 HM Amsterdam* *+31
20 7787008 www.innovationfactory.eu

*
Disclaimer*
*The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
material. Any use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
delete the material from any computer. Innovation Factory does not accept
liability for any errors, viruses or omissions in the contents of this
message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. No employee or
agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
Innovation Factory with another party by email.*

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Jul 11, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    Ooh, just realised I didn't have "Watch" enabled for the repo.

    I think that a repo is fair game for improvement if you're the only
    developer.

    Once there are people watching it (once its announced), I try to start
    using branches & PRs even if I merge them immediately. It means that emails
    are sent out to Watchers about new features. Ferdy does this for
    bosh-bootstrap for example, and I find it invaluable as a co-developer of
    the project.

    PRs are also tested via Travis or Jenkins; so you can see whether its fit
    for merging.

    Once there are multiple core developers, or perhaps when maintenance is
    moving from one senior person to another, PRs become a great way to vet
    ideas or do code reviews.

    Personally, I'd like ALL cloudfoundry code bases to institute a PR process
    - even if the PR is merged immediately. Its very hard getting bugs or
    regressions immediately fixed in these projects due to the process used by
    pivotal (the only people not using PRs); so having the PRs be pre-tested in
    isolation before merging to master would go along way to avoid the issue of
    regressions.

[...]

    http://drnicwilliams.com
    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic

groupvcap-dev @
postedJul 11, '13 at 2:57p
activeJul 11, '13 at 3:20p

Dr Nic Williams: 1 post Ruben Koster: 1 post