I did not find a way to provide a custom buildpack into the
CloudFoundryOperations class from cloudfoundry-client-lib.

Looking at the CC
API<http://docs.cloudfoundry.com/docs/reference/cc-api.html>to add it
I did not see the custom buildpack documented. CF cli seems to be
using "buildpack"
param<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf/blob/master/lib/manifests/manifests.rb#L179>,
can I safely use this ?

Anyone currently looking at adding custom buildpack to
cloudfoundry-client-lib (to avoid duplicate work) ?

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume.

Search Discussions

  • Scott Frederick at Jun 20, 2013 at 1:00 am
    The Pivotal team is planning to update cloudfoundry-client-lib to match the
    v2 CC REST API in the next few weeks. Support for custom buildpacks through
    the Java client lib is one of the things to be addressed. Of course, pull
    requests are always welcome.

    The CC API docs you linked to need updating, and there are some details of
    the v2 API missing from there. A good source of API knowledge is the cfoundry
    gem <https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cfoundry/tree/master/lib/cfoundry/v2>,
    which has complete coverage of the API (since this is what the cf CLI uses
    to interact with CC).

    Scott
    I did not find a way to provide a custom buildpack into the
    CloudFoundryOperations class from cloudfoundry-client-lib.

    Looking at the CC API<http://docs.cloudfoundry.com/docs/reference/cc-api.html>to add it I did not see the custom buildpack documented. CF cli seems to be
    using "buildpack" param<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf/blob/master/lib/manifests/manifests.rb#L179>,
    can I safely use this ?

    Anyone currently looking at adding custom buildpack to
    cloudfoundry-client-lib (to avoid duplicate work) ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Guillaume.
  • Guillaume Berche at Jun 20, 2013 at 8:19 am
    Thanks a lot Scott for the pointer to cf gem, this will be very useful.
    I'll submit a pull request if I manage to get something clean enough to be
    integrated, otherwise I'll revert my local hacks once the update gets
    pushed to github.

    Guillaume.
[...]

groupvcap-dev @
postedJun 19, '13 at 3:52p