Hi

I want to develop a scala online interpreter by using scala and play2 on
cloud foundry, so users can type in codes on browser, send request to
server and server can run them and send back results. I'm wondering if it's
possible to do it on cloud foundry and any suggestions how. I think the
major problem is if my code running on cloud foundry can launch scala
interpreter or not and how to ensure security. I saw someone had one
running on google app engine. I hope I can do it on cloud foundry.

Thanks
Gary

Search Discussions

  • David Laing at Feb 23, 2013 at 10:51 am
    I guess the main issue is going to be whether you can run the scala
    interpreter in a stateless fashion. Cloud Foundry scales your app by
    running multiple instances of it on different DEAs; and then randomly
    routing requests between instances.

    So, for each request from your app's UI, you'd need to start up the
    interpreter and somehow load the current state of your user's "session".

    --
    David Laing
    Trading API @ City Index

[...]

groupvcap-dev @