Hello guys, I'm trying to install vcap on my own VM
and I found an dependency error on chef. I sent a pull request
that fix the problem:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap/pull/225

Regards.
--
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines
to execute."

(Abelson & Sussman, SICP, preface to the first edition)

+-------------------------------------+
Gastón Ramos
http://gastonramos.com.ar/
GNU/Linux Counter user #450312

Search Discussions

  • James Bayer at Feb 13, 2013 at 2:56 am
    Thanks for this contribution. dev_setup has been neglected to a degree
    because the CF engineering team uses BOSH. Therefore we don't always know
    when dev_setup breaks and have a good way to validate contributions. We're
    discussing this obvious problem over the next few days and hope to have
    some recommendations soon.
    Hello guys, I'm trying to install vcap on my own VM
    and I found an dependency error on chef. I sent a pull request
    that fix the problem:

    https://github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap/pull/225

    Regards.
    --
    "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
    machines
    to execute."

    (Abelson & Sussman, SICP, preface to the first edition)

    +-------------------------------------+
    Gastón Ramos
    http://gastonramos.com.ar/
    GNU/Linux <http://gastonramos.com.ar/GNU/Linux> Counter user #450312
  • Gaston Ramos at Feb 13, 2013 at 3:24 am
    Thanks for the feedback James, just a few questions,
    who is using dev_setup? and what is the best way
    to deploy cloud foundry in a VM? I'm using qemu (kvm)

    Regards.
    --
    "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines
    to execute."

    (Abelson & Sussman, SICP, preface to the first edition)

    +-------------------------------------+
    Gastón Ramos
    http://gastonramos.com.ar/
    GNU/Linux Counter user #450312
  • James Bayer at Feb 13, 2013 at 2:21 pm
    Many members of the community are still using dev_setup because:
    - BOSH is not yet easy enough to learn and use for someone just kicking the
    tires
    - BOSH requires IaaS and some are installing CF directly on OS's without
    IaaS

    We're working on making BOSH easier to use and to simplify the # of touch
    points a new user has to interface with to just deploy a basic CF
    installation. You can see the work Dr Nic has done to wrap a more
    user-friendly simplified interface around BOSH
    here: https://github.com/StarkAndWayne/bosh-cloudfoundry

    For those that don't want to use BOSH, Andrea Campi has also written some
    Chef cookbooks that install CF components. These cookbooks could be an
    alternative to dev_setup.
    http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/cloudfoundry

    Thanks for the feedback James, just a few questions,
    who is using dev_setup? and what is the best way
    to deploy cloud foundry in a VM? I'm using qemu (kvm)

    Regards.
    --
    "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
    machines
    to execute."

    (Abelson & Sussman, SICP, preface to the first edition)

    Gastón Ramos
    http://gastonramos.com.ar/
    GNU/Linux <http://gastonramos.com.ar/GNU/Linux> Counter user #450312

groupvcap-dev @
postedFeb 12, '13 at 6:56p
activeFeb 13, '13 at 2:21p

James Bayer: 2 posts Gaston Ramos: 2 posts