Hello,

The automated setup process outlined
at https://github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap is not working for me.

I experienced some chef version related issues when running

bash < <(curl -s -k -B
https://raw.github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap/master/dev_setup/bin/vcap_dev_setup)

but was able to overcome them by manually installed chef 10.16.4 before
running the setup. However, when I try to start the system using ~/cloudfoundry/vcap/dev_setup/bin/vcap_dev
start
I receive the following errors:

Targeting deployment "Is a directory -
/home/pivotal/.cloudfoundry_deployment_target" with cloudfoundry home ""
#<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory -
/home/pivotal/cloudfoundry/.deployments/Is a directory -
/home/pivotal/.cloudfoundry_deployment_target/config/vcap_components.json>.
Could not parse deployment config files . Please check your deployment.

The ~/cloudfoundry/.deployments director and ~/.cloudfoundry_deployment_target
don't exist on my system. Are these supposed to be created by the
vcap_dev_setup process?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Search Discussions

  • Julio Lucero at Mar 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm
    Hi Jonathan,

    Can you resolved it?
  • Brian McClain at Mar 12, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    I can confirm I saw this issue as well as recent as early last week. I
    caught it after I ran vcap_dev_setup, so I...

    1. Installed chef 10.24.0 (gem install chef -v 10.24.0)
    2. Reran vcap_dev_setup

    After this, setup completed without error.

    Jonathan, really the only suggestion I have is run vcap_dev_setup again and
    see if the issue is resolved then. Sadly I don't have a proper solution :)

    - Brian
    @BrianMMcClain

    )

    but was able to overcome them by manually installed chef 10.16.4 before
    running the setup. However, when I try to start the system using ~/cloudfoundry/vcap/dev_setup/bin/vcap_dev
    start
    I receive the following errors:

    Targeting deployment "Is a directory -
    /home/pivotal/.cloudfoundry_deployment_target" with cloudfoundry home ""
    #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory -
    /home/pivotal/cloudfoundry/.deployments/Is a directory -
    /home/pivotal/.cloudfoundry_deployment_target/config/vcap_components.json>.
    Could not parse deployment config files . Please check your deployment.

    The ~/cloudfoundry/.deployments director and ~/.cloudfoundry_deployment_target
    don't exist on my system. Are these supposed to be created by the
    vcap_dev_setup process?

    Thanks,
    Jonathan

groupvcap-dev @