In jobs/debian_nfs_server/templates/rpc_nfsd_ctl:

dpkg --unpack -E
/var/vcap/packages/debian_nfs_server/nfs-kernel-server_1%3a1.2.0-4ubuntu4.1_amd64.deb

Can nfs server not be bundled/run as a bosh package? Or why is this job
written this way?

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicwilliams.com

Search Discussions

  • Matthew Kocher at Jan 26, 2013 at 9:54 pm
    I don't know the history of it, but perhaps someone felt so bad about
    taking a dependency on nfs that they figured how it was deployed was the
    least of the problems :-)

    In all seriousness I'd like to see NFS removed from the picture. This work
    is underway in ccng to use fog as a generic blobstore client, targeting S3
    for now. I believe some services also use NFS, but I'm not sure about the
    specifics.

    In jobs/debian_nfs_server/templates/rpc_nfsd_ctl:

    dpkg --unpack -E
    /var/vcap/packages/debian_nfs_server/nfs-kernel-server_1%3a1.2.0-4ubuntu4.1_amd64.deb

    Can nfs server not be bundled/run as a bosh package? Or why is this job
    written this way?

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
  • Dr Nic Williams at Jan 27, 2013 at 2:44 am
    It actually stands as an interesting example that you _can_ mixin debian
    packages into a bosh release :)

    I can't believe I'm now wrestling with another part of cf-release that is
    scheduled for deprecation (the other being cloud_controller). Arrrrgh.

    Nic

[...]

groupvcap-dev @
postedJan 25, '13 at 11:00p
activeJan 27, '13 at 2:44a

Dr Nic Williams: 2 posts Matthew Kocher: 1 post