I try to follow the micro cloud foundry installation guide
(http://docs.cloudfoundry.com/infrastructure/micro/installing-mcf.html)

I create my domain get the tokken, installing vmware, and configure micro
cloud foundry v119, I download and install last vmc version
and when I dovvmc target api.mydomain.cloudfoundry.me
I have each time an error : CFoundry::TargetRefused: target refused
connection (getaddrinfo: Host unknown. )
I try to put a line in my host file ( I am under window) it work a little
more... and I can launch the register command. but it fail ( same reason at
the end again)

all the dns seam to be good in mcf console. dns is ok in green... i can
connect to the consol through putty using IP adresse but name resolution
seem to be very bad.

Is there something I miss in the doc to configure my network ? I don see
anything about that and so I stick on this problem. What can I do ?

Search Discussions

  • James Bayer at Jan 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm
    Try using the -t switch for vmc to get trace details of the HTTP request/reply.

    You should be able ssh in to the IP address displayed on the VM text console using putty. If that doesn't work, then it sounds like you have a network issue that you need to resolve. Please indicate if you are using VMPlayer and which type of network config.

    Thank you,

    James Bayer

    I create my domain get the tokken, installing vmware, and configure micro cloud foundry v119, I download and install last vmc version
    and when I dovvmc target api.mydomain.cloudfoundry.me
    I have each time an error : CFoundry::TargetRefused: target refused connection (getaddrinfo: Host unknown. )
    I try to put a line in my host file ( I am under window) it work a little more... and I can launch the register command. but it fail ( same reason at the end again)

    all the dns seam to be good in mcf console. dns is ok in green... i can connect to the consol through putty using IP adresse but name resolution seem to be very bad.

    Is there something I miss in the doc to configure my network ? I don see anything about that and so I stick on this problem. What can I do ?
  • Matthew Boedicker at Jan 18, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    It sounds like the machine you are running vmc target from can't
    resolve the name. You shouldn't need any changes to your hosts file if
    you are using the token from cloudfoundry.com.

    Try reconfiguring with a new DNS token and then pinging
    api.<yourdomain>.cloudfoundry.me. If you can't, try it from some other
    places if you have access.

    I can try it from here if you email me the domain name you used.

    Matt
[...]

  • Einkebil at Jan 18, 2013 at 11:01 pm
    yes it really seem to be a DNS problem only.

    The ip configuration is good (it is an IPV4 is inside my own network area)
    I bridged the connection.

    I ve been trying from different places since this morning, waiting a while.
    ping work by ip (in same network), but nslookup nor any name resolution
    haven't given any ip.

    The dns servers are thoses from my FAI. I can't check with some other, all
    different places I can check are behind this FAI.

[...]

  • Eric at Jan 18, 2013 at 11:17 pm
    config:
    host : win 7
    VMWARE 4.0.5
    micro cloud foundry v119,
    ruby 1.9.2
    java version "1.7.0_09" (64bit)
    config mcf by dhcp and with token from cloudfoundry.com

    status:
    mcf/ identity OK,
    mcf/network ok ( response to ping, connection via ssh with ip ok)
    mcf services ok.
    ping api.<domain>.cloudfoundry.me : host unknown
  • Eric Follea at Jan 18, 2013 at 11:18 pm
    config:
    host : win 7
    VMWARE 4.0.5
    micro cloud foundry v119,
    ruby 1.9.2
    java version "1.7.0_09" (64bit)
    config mcf by dhcp and with token from cloudfoundry.com

    status:
    mcf/ identity OK,
    mcf/network ok ( response to ping, connection via ssh with ip ok)
    mcf services ok.
    ping api.<domain>.cloudfoundry.me : host unknown
  • Einkebil at Jan 21, 2013 at 11:34 am
    I can temporary solve this issue using another public dns instead of my
    FAI's one...

    config mcf by dhcp and with token from cloudfoundry.com

    status:
    mcf/ identity OK,
    mcf/network ok ( response to ping, connection via ssh with ip ok)
    mcf services ok.
    ping api.<domain>.cloudfoundry.me : host unknown

groupvcap-dev @
postedJan 18, '13 at 10:22a
activeJan 21, '13 at 11:34a