Hi, I know that the latest vcap has a new feature called service broker,
but I have no idea how to use it,
for example, I already have a MySQL Cluster, and I want to add this cluster
to cloudfoundy like a external service, what should I do with service
broker?

and what is service_borker_ci, by the way.

It would be very appreciated if anyone can help...

thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Lei Zhang at Dec 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm
    If you search this topic in the group patiently you'll find there''re
    enough posts. like this:
    https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/vcap-dev/service$20broker/vcap-dev/eQxNUtDkw2w/llF6Q_-WFz4J

    在 2012年12月8日星期六UTC+8下午2时09分36秒,黃首翰写道:
    Hi, I know that the latest vcap has a new feature called service broker,
    but I have no idea how to use it,
    for example, I already have a MySQL Cluster, and I want to add this
    cluster to cloudfoundy like a external service, what should I do with
    service broker?

    and what is service_borker_ci, by the way.

    It would be very appreciated if anyone can help...

    thanks!
  • 黃首翰 at Dec 9, 2012 at 2:27 pm
    Sorry, I have already seen that before I post this question...

    But I still post because I didn't get it... the post you give only explain
    how 'service broker' can reach the goal, but it doesn't tell me how I can '
    use ' service broker....
    which file I should modify or something like that.

    I also see the service_broker_ci in the vcap, and it has no README file..
    so, I really don't know how to start

    anyway, thanks for your time replying me

    Lei Zhang於 2012年12月8日星期六UTC+8下午8時05分31秒寫道:
    If you search this topic in the group patiently you'll find there''re
    enough posts. like this:
    https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/vcap-dev/service$20broker/vcap-dev/eQxNUtDkw2w/llF6Q_-WFz4J

    在 2012年12月8日星期六UTC+8下午2时09分36秒,黃首翰写道:
    Hi, I know that the latest vcap has a new feature called service broker,
    but I have no idea how to use it,
    for example, I already have a MySQL Cluster, and I want to add this
    cluster to cloudfoundy like a external service, what should I do with
    service broker?

    and what is service_borker_ci, by the way.

    It would be very appreciated if anyone can help...

    thanks!
  • Lei Zhang at Dec 10, 2012 at 3:41 am
    OK. As you have searched the group as you said, I think you should also
    noticed posts like:

    https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/vcap-dev/service$20broker/vcap-dev/sXF9rWzMMHc/3A1lpG-Hd1cJ
    https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/forum/#!topic/vcap-dev/hyyXp_VnuEw/discussion

    Service_broker is really nothing different from the normal service in CF,
    it's just a bit of configuration work. Posts above are old conversation
    between my colleagues and classmates and it really works.

    We explored how to use the service_broker_cli from its source code. It's
    not as hard as it looks and we do not have guidance out of box for you
    either.

[...]

  • 黃首翰 at Dec 10, 2012 at 7:44 am
    okay, I got it, thanks a lot

    I just want to make sure if there has already had some tutorial I could
    follow, so that I don't need to reinvent the wheel.
    but as you say, I'll try to figure out how to use service_broker_cli from
    its source code!

    thanks again!

    Lei Zhang於 2012年12月10日星期一UTC+8上午11時41分26秒寫道:
[...]

groupvcap-dev @
postedDec 8, '12 at 6:09a
activeDec 10, '12 at 7:44a

黃首翰: 3 posts Lei Zhang: 1 post Lei Zhang: 1 post