I am trying to setup a local/private cloud with cloudfoundry, and by that I
need a local domain set as my target url (and not .vcap /
.cloudfoundry.com). I read somewhere here on the forum that by changing the
external_uri value in cloud_controller.yml we can achieve this.
(vcap/cloud_controller/config/cloud_controller.yml)

But after I change the value in the file, what do I need to restart? I
tried reapplying the configuration option or restarting the vm (i am
running this on vmware fusion), but that reset back to the old config value.

Any help/guide on setting up private cloud with cloudfoundry would be great!

Search Discussions

  • Ali Moghadam at Dec 2, 2012 at 5:46 am
    I believe the location you need to change the configuration file is at "*
    ~/cloudfoundry/.deployments/devbox/config/cloud_controller.yml*"

    dev_setup sets all the configuration and log files under the *
    .deployments/devbox*, hence decoupling it from the components.

    Also if you need to check on the status of your vcap instance, or do a
    restart you can execute the following command:

    *~/cloudfoundry/vcap/dev_setup/bin/vcap_dev status*
    *~/cloudfoundry/vcap/dev_setup/bin$ ./vcap_dev stop
    *
    *~/cloudfoundry/vcap/dev_setup/bin$ ./vcap_dev start*

    So changing the external_uri in the given cloud_controller.yml location,
    and restarting your vcap instance should do the trick.

    I am trying to setup a local/private cloud with cloudfoundry, and by that
    I need a local domain set as my target url (and not .vcap / .
    cloudfoundry.com). I read somewhere here on the forum that by changing
    the external_uri value in cloud_controller.yml we can achieve this.
    (vcap/cloud_controller/config/cloud_controller.yml)

    But after I change the value in the file, what do I need to restart? I
    tried reapplying the configuration option or restarting the vm (i am
    running this on vmware fusion), but that reset back to the old config value.

    Any help/guide on setting up private cloud with cloudfoundry would be
    great!
  • Ali Moghadam at Dec 2, 2012 at 5:48 am
    Typo:

[...]

  • Kirtish at Dec 5, 2012 at 6:20 pm
    Thanks Ali for the response. I have my local instance scrapped and now
    trying to setup from the scratch .. Will update here once I get it running
    and try your suggested changes.

[...]

  • Toriq Pria Dhigfora at Dec 5, 2012 at 8:10 pm
    Don't forget to add your local domain on your /etc/hosts .

groupvcap-dev @
postedNov 30, '12 at 10:26p
activeDec 5, '12 at 8:10p