Just to confuse the matter further…
I am finally getting traction on cleaning up and releasing my rewrite of
the Chef cookbooks (based on Trotter Cashion's ones).
These cookbooks are geared towards production (we have been using them
exclusively for a very long time in production), and we keep them up to
date with all the changes.
Compared to dev_setup, the main advantages are:
* unit tests with test-kitchen;
* the main target is Chef Server, although they will still work with Chef
* what this means in practice is that we use search extensively;
* in general, they follow the established "best practices" of Chef,
including but not limited to Foodcritic;
* we reuse existing cookbooks as much as possible, as well as the rest the
ecosystem—for example, Upstart;
* once done, they will be on the Opscode community site.
This effort is not meant to compete with BOSH in any way—we just haven't
been able to spend time on BOSH yet, while Chef is one of our main