Hi all,

I'm trying to get started with some basic service development and was
curious if there was some documentation on how to properly set up Eclipse
to interoperate with a vcap-dev installation in a VMWare/ubuntu instance.
vcap-dev appears to be up and running fine (I've deployed and run the echo
service tutorial) and I have the CloudFoundry Eclipse plugin for
MicroCloudFoundry from cloudfoundry.com installed but have not been
successful setting up a server instance that points to the running vcap-dev
instance.

How do you guys do service development? Is there some other method that I
should be pursuing instead?

Thanks,
John

Search Discussions

  • Toriq Pria Dhigfora at Oct 30, 2012 at 11:18 pm
    Follow steps on this tutorial

    http://docs.cloudfoundry.com/tools/STS/configuring-STS.html

    *Toriq Pria Dhigfora*
    Meruvian System Integrator
    High Performance Computing / Cloud Computing (HPC/CC)

    FB: http://www.facebook.com/meruvian
    TW: http://www.twitter.com/meruvian <http://www.twitter.com/meruvian+/>
    Website: http://www.meruvian.org <http://www.meruvian.org/>
    Personal Mobile : 08990346465
    Personal Blog : http://blogs.mervpolis.com/roller/toriq354
    Personal Facebook : http://facebook.com/toriq354
  • John Gerken at Oct 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm
    Hi Toriq,

    Thanks for your post. Yea, that's what I'd tried working through, but I'm
    stuck during the point at which the local server is defined. The error
    occurs when validating the URL with "Validation failed: Unknown URL" and
    I've attached a screen shot. The email and pwd I've entered are valid
    credentials on the CloudFoundry.com site. So I tried clicking Register to
    create a new account for URL: Local cloud - http://api.vcap.me, but then I
    get the error: "Registering account failed for Local Ubuntu CF Server:
    Communication with server failed: I/O error: Connection refused; nested
    exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused".

    The server is up and running in my Ubuntu VMWare image. Do I need to do
    something in the Manage Cloud... dialog or specify a different url? Maybe
    a problem with my VMWare image configuration?

    Thanks,
    John