Can somebody help?
I'm trying to get a multinode vcap environment working from 4 days
with no success.
Documentation is inconsistent.

AFAIK, api.vcap.me (or any other domain that I would like to use for
this) should be pointed to the router server.
Doing that will allow VMC to register. On your docs is wrote to point
that domain to the controller but it doesn't work.

I've also installed uaa and uaadb on the controller node (on docs
"uaa" and "uaadb" is never mentioned) but i'm still unable to
register/login due to errors 400 and 502 coming back from routers.

The cloud controller node has all services except redis*, mongodb*
(i'm not using these databases), router, dea, mysql node, nats
(mysql_gateway is present on the cloud controller) because they are on
dedicated servers.
Why nginx is installed and trying to access to /tmp/router.sock on the
cloud controller? Our routers are dedicated VM so there is no suck
socket on the cloud controller.

Can I have some help? I would like to create a test environment but
it's very hard to do, due to the lack of documentation.

Search Discussions

  • Gandalf Corvotempesta at Oct 10, 2012 at 11:39 am

    On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:25:53 AM UTC+2, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:

    Can somebody help?
    I'm trying to get a multinode vcap environment working from 4 days
    with no success.
    Documentation is inconsistent.

    Actually I'm able to publish an app on multiple DEA nodes, but I'm unable
    to get MySQL service:

    $ vmc services

    ============== System Services ==============

    No system services available

    =========== Provisioned Services ============




    $ ./bin/vcap_dev -n cloudcontroller status
    Targeting deployment "cloudcontroller" with cloudfoundry home ""
    Setting up cloud controller environment
    Setting up the uaa environment
    Using cloudfoundry config from
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/config
    Executing
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/deploy/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p180/bin/ruby
    /home/cloudfoundry/dev_setup/bin/vcap status cloud_controller mysql_gateway
    uaa stager health_manager -c
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/config -v
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry -l
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/log
    cloud_controller : RUNNING
    mysql_gateway : RUNNING
    uaa : RUNNING
    stager : RUNNING
    health_manager : RUNNING






    [2012-10-10 13:37:18.302769] mysql_gateway - pid=29061 tid=6bb0 fid=5b85
    DEBUG -- [MyaaS-Provisioner] Received node announcement:
    {"available_capacity":50,"capacity_unit":1,"id":"mysql_node_0","plan":"free","supported_versions":["5.1"]}
    [2012-10-10 13:37:18.303037] mysql_gateway - pid=29061 tid=6bb0 fid=5b85
    INFO -- Fetching handles from cloud controller @
    http://api.vcap.me/services/v1/offerings/mysql-5.1/handles
    [2012-10-10 13:37:18.305393] mysql_gateway - pid=29061 tid=6bb0 fid=5b85
    ERROR -- Failed fetching handles, status=404






    $ cat mysql_gateway.yml
    ---
    cloud_controller_uri: http://api.vcap.me
    service:
    name: mysql
    version: "5.1"
    description: 'MySQL database service'
    plans: ['free']
    default_plan: 'free'
    tags: ['relational']
    timeout: 15
    supported_versions: ['5.1']
    version_aliases:
    "current": "5.1"
    host: localhost
    index: 0
    token: changemysqltoken
    mbus: nats://nats:Gv93hvFADnywRrPa@10.0.0.251:4222/
    pid: /var/vcap/sys/run/mysql_service.pid
    node_timeout: 2
    logging:
    level: debug




    $ grep -A 3 builtin_services cloud_controller.yml
    builtin_services:
    mysql:
    token: changemysqltoken
  • Nicholas Kushmerick at Oct 10, 2012 at 2:44 pm
    Can you please grep your cloud_controller logs to check what happens when
    mysql_gateway tries to register? You should see something ike this:

    172.20.220.195 -- [2012-10-10 14:42:08.444022] cc - pid=1046 tid=1bc6
    fid=b33c DEBUG -- Create service request: {"label":"mysql-5.1","url":"
    http://172.20.220.148:57604","plans":["free","d100","p200"],"cf_plan_id":{"free":null,"d100":null,"p200":null},"tags":["relational"],"active":true,"description":"MySQL
    database
    service","plan_options":null,"acls":null,"timeout":10,"provider":"core","default_plan":"free","supported_versions":["5.1"],"version_aliases":{"current":"5.1"}}
    172.20.220.195 -- [2012-10-10 14:42:08.446802] cc - pid=1046 tid=1bc6
    fid=b33c DEBUG -- Found svc = #<Service id: 1, label: "mysql-5.1", url: "
    http://172.20.220.148:57604", token: "3735928559", name: "mysql", version:
    "5.1", description: "MySQL database service", info_url: nil, tags:
    ["relational"], plans: ["free", "d100", "p200"], plan_options: nil,
    binding_options: nil, acls: nil, active: true, created_at: "2012-10-06
    22:05:59", updated_at: "2012-10-07 05:17:15", timeout: 10, cf_plan_id:
    {"free"=>nil, "d100"=>nil, "p200"=>nil}, provider: nil, supported_versions:
    ["5.1"], version_aliases: {"current"=>"5.1"}, default_plan: "free">

    Note that you may need to lower CC's log level to DEBUG.


    On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:39 AM, wrote:

    On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:25:53 AM UTC+2, Gandalf Corvotempesta
    wrote:
    Can somebody help?
    I'm trying to get a multinode vcap environment working from 4 days
    with no success.
    Documentation is inconsistent.

    Actually I'm able to publish an app on multiple DEA nodes, but I'm unable
    to get MySQL service:

    $ vmc services

    ============== System Services ==============

    No system services available

    =========== Provisioned Services ============




    $ ./bin/vcap_dev -n cloudcontroller status
    Targeting deployment "cloudcontroller" with cloudfoundry home ""
    Setting up cloud controller environment
    Setting up the uaa environment
    Using cloudfoundry config from
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/config
    Executing
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/deploy/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p180/bin/ruby
    /home/cloudfoundry/dev_setup/bin/vcap status cloud_controller mysql_gateway
    uaa stager health_manager -c
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/config -v
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry -l
    /home/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry/.deployments/cloudcontroller/log
    cloud_controller : RUNNING
    mysql_gateway : RUNNING
    uaa : RUNNING
    stager : RUNNING
    health_manager : RUNNING






    [2012-10-10 13:37:18.302769] mysql_gateway - pid=29061 tid=6bb0 fid=5b85
    DEBUG -- [MyaaS-Provisioner] Received node announcement:
    {"available_capacity":50,"capacity_unit":1,"id":"mysql_node_0","plan":"free","supported_versions":["5.1"]}
    [2012-10-10 13:37:18.303037] mysql_gateway - pid=29061 tid=6bb0 fid=5b85
    INFO -- Fetching handles from cloud controller @
    http://api.vcap.me/services/v1/offerings/mysql-5.1/handles
    [2012-10-10 13:37:18.305393] mysql_gateway - pid=29061 tid=6bb0 fid=5b85
    ERROR -- Failed fetching handles, status=404






    $ cat mysql_gateway.yml
    ---
    cloud_controller_uri: http://api.vcap.me
    service:
    name: mysql
    version: "5.1"
    description: 'MySQL database service'
    plans: ['free']
    default_plan: 'free'
    tags: ['relational']
    timeout: 15
    supported_versions: ['5.1']
    version_aliases:
    "current": "5.1"
    host: localhost
    index: 0
    token: changemysqltoken
    mbus: nats://nats:Gv93hvFADnywRrPa@10.0.0.251:4222/
    pid: /var/vcap/sys/run/mysql_service.pid
    node_timeout: 2
    logging:
    level: debug




    $ grep -A 3 builtin_services cloud_controller.yml
    builtin_services:
    mysql:
    token: changemysqltoken

    --
    Nick
    phone +1.206.293.5186 *·* skype nicholaskushmerick
  • Gandalf Corvotempesta at Oct 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

    On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:44:25 PM UTC+2, Nicholas Kushmerick wrote:
    Can you please grep your cloud_controller logs to check what happens when
    mysql_gateway tries to register? You should see something ike this:

    172.20.220.195 -- [2012-10-10 14:42:08.444022] cc - pid=1046 tid=1bc6
    fid=b33c DEBUG -- Create service request: {"label":"mysql-5.1","url":"
    http://172.20.220.148:57604","plans":["free","d100","p200"],"cf_plan_id":{"free":null,"d100":null,"p200":null},"tags":["relational"],"active":true,"description":"MySQL
    database
    service","plan_options":null,"acls":null,"timeout":10,"provider":"core","default_plan":"free","supported_versions":["5.1"],"version_aliases":{"current":"5.1"}}
    172.20.220.195 -- [2012-10-10 14:42:08.446802] cc - pid=1046 tid=1bc6
    fid=b33c DEBUG -- Found svc = #<Service id: 1, label: "mysql-5.1", url: "
    http://172.20.220.148:57604", token: "3735928559", name: "mysql",
    version: "5.1", description: "MySQL database service", info_url: nil, tags:
    ["relational"], plans: ["free", "d100", "p200"], plan_options: nil,
    binding_options: nil, acls: nil, active: true, created_at: "2012-10-06
    22:05:59", updated_at: "2012-10-07 05:17:15", timeout: 10, cf_plan_id:
    {"free"=>nil, "d100"=>nil, "p200"=>nil}, provider: nil, supported_versions:
    ["5.1"], version_aliases: {"current"=>"5.1"}, default_plan: "free">

    Note that you may need to lower CC's log level to DEBUG.

    I've solved this issue by using an external domain instead api.vcap.me
    Now mysql is able to register to the controller.

    But I have another issue: when trying to upload a very large project (more
    than 500M) i'm receiving timeout from vmc client and from the router.
    Compressed size is 254M. I'm able to upload because i've increased the size
    limit in nginx conifugration.
    I've also solved the RestClient timeout coming from VMC by adding
    ":timeout" to "req" object but the upload is still refused by router or
    cloudcontroller.
    Which timeout should I increse? we have many big app that needs to be
    uploaded.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupvcap-dev @
postedOct 10, '12 at 7:31a
activeOct 10, '12 at 6:58p
posts4
users2

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase