Forgive me if this is posted somewhere already but does anyone have any
tips on how to setup a development env for working on cloud foundry such as
adding new data services?

Search Discussions

  • Jeremy Voorhis at Sep 4, 2012 at 6:15 am
    One way to do this is to use dev_setup on an Ubuntu 10.04 VM. Here is a
    blog post from roughly one year ago about how to use dev_setup:
    http://support.cloudfoundry.com/entries/20407923-single-multi-node-vcap-deployment-using-dev-setup
    .

    I understand there is also work within the community to make BOSH,
    CloudFoundry's orchestration and release management tool, usable for
    development. If you're feeling intrepid, Dr Nic's bosh-solo project at
    https://github.com/drnic/bosh-solo should allow you to run a BOSH release
    within a Vagrant VM. I imagine as BOSH gains more users, it will only
    become easier to use.

    --
    Jeremy Voorhis
    Sr Engineer – AppFog