I installed latest CF by vcap_dev_setup
(commit:Jul 30, 2012 [dev_setup] delete .rvmrc in dev_setup<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap/commit/921f163c54761b419ffd4424973a1186343ddab2>
)

It works OK. But when I binding service to my APP I got Error 503 and I
found "Response:404 Mysql configration .... can not found" in
mysql_gateway.log.

I read some of the code, and found the mysql_node has published a valid
bind response (contains host, user, name, pass .etc), but what gateway
received is a msg object which says:

"success: false ... 404 Mysql configration .... can not found"

When I try to use a nats-server on another VM, it not works either.

I login to the local mysql by root -p: mysql, I can see the databases
created by CF, but seems CF can not find them.

So, why dose this happen? it's really weird...

Search Discussions

  • 磊张 at Aug 1, 2012 at 11:01 am
    I got this error in latest version too. Only redis service can work well.
    By the way when I installed dev_setup without enable service life cycle, my
    service is OK, but when I re-run dev_sertup with service life cycle
    enabled, it crashed....Anything wrong here?

    在 2012年8月1日星期三UTC+8下午5时35分10秒,Alan Sun写道:
    I installed latest CF by vcap_dev_setup
    (commit:Jul 30, 2012 [dev_setup] delete .rvmrc in dev_setup<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap/commit/921f163c54761b419ffd4424973a1186343ddab2>
    )

    It works OK. But when I binding service to my APP I got Error 503 and I
    found "Response:404 Mysql configration .... can not found" in
    mysql_gateway.log.

    I read some of the code, and found the mysql_node has published a valid
    bind response (contains host, user, name, pass .etc), but what gateway
    received is a msg object which says:

    "success: false ... 404 Mysql configration .... can not found"

    When I try to use a nats-server on another VM, it not works either.

    I login to the local mysql by root -p: mysql, I can see the databases
    created by CF, but seems CF can not find them.

    So, why dose this happen? it's really weird...
  • Nicholas Kushmerick at Aug 1, 2012 at 6:02 pm
    AFAIK there are no known issues/bugs with dev_setup support for services,
    including the lifecycle/snapshot feature. But we're investigating and
    will respond ASAP.

    -- Nick

[...]

  • Figo Feng at Aug 2, 2012 at 6:22 am
    To Alan: I tried to do a clean dev_setup installation with the commit Jul 30, 2012 [dev_setup] delete .rvmrc in dev_setup , everything works fine. So I guess there is something wrong with your local dev box. Please see if restating mysql gateway could fix your problem, or you could provide more mysql gateway logs?

    To 磊张: I tried to enable service lifecycle on my dev_setup and all services work fine. To use service lifecycle features, please make sure to change 'false' to 'true' at https://github.com/cloudfoundry/vcap/blob/master/dev_setup/cookbooks/service_lifecycle/attributes/default.rb#L1 then rerun 'vcap_dev_setup' before 'vcap_dev start'. If you still meet the problem, could you please provide more information, like what's really crashed? and the related logs of the crashed components, thanks.

    To both: I am afraid that you guys are encountering different issues not the same...

    Thanks,
    Figo

[...]

  • Andy Su at Aug 3, 2012 at 3:23 am
    1. when provisioning any service, gatway'provisioner use NATS.request
    method to send message to service node.

    2. an error occured, the NATS reply-subject queue had already received a
    message that tell us configuration not found, wh

    ------------------------------
[...]

  • Andy Su at Aug 3, 2012 at 3:33 am
    2. an error occured, the NATS reply-subject queue had already received a
    message that tell us configuration not found,while the service node has
    just publish provison success reply-msg to NATS.
    3. so, gateway received the first msg that error msg, and give us a 503
    response .

    i cant find the place publish that error msg....it make a confuse..
    在 2012-8-3 上午11:23,"Andy Su" <andy.su.smile@gmail.com>写道:
[...]

  • Andy Su at Aug 3, 2012 at 7:18 am
    not provision service, is bind service
    在 2012-8-3 上午11:32,"Andy Su" <andy.su.smile@gmail.com>写道:
[...]

  • Andy Su at Aug 3, 2012 at 8:01 am
    It's ok now, but I don't know why.
    在 2012-8-3 下午3:18,"Andy Su" <andy.su.smile@gmail.com>写道:
[...]

  • 磊张 at Aug 4, 2012 at 1:54 am
    Actually. We are partners in the same lab and running the same VM, but as
    Andy Su (another partner) said below. It fixed by *itself*.....Details are
    now holding by Andy Su.

    The error occurs when I set default[:service_lifecycle][:enable]=true and
    re-run dev_setup. It seems:

    1. when binding any service, gatway'provisioner use NATS.request method to
    send message to service node.
    2. an error occured, the NATS reply-subject queue had already received a
    message that tell us configuration not found,while the service node has
    just publish provison success reply-msg to NATS.
    3. so, gateway received the first msg that error msg, and give us a 503
    response .

    But as it fixed by itself now, we'll keep looking. We are hacking with
    lifecycle management of services in CF now.
    在 2012年8月2日星期四UTC+8下午2时22分22秒,Figo Jin Feng写道:
[...]

groupvcap-dev @
postedAug 1, '12 at 9:35a
activeAug 4, '12 at 1:54a