I have installed two DEA nodes and it is connected well by mbus. But
I'm not very sure how does CF distinguish these two nodes as I didn't
find any index or name of node in the dea.yml.

When I push a app on CF, I found all the instances are all running on
only one node however I scaling it. Is it normal? Or the CF need other
configuration to figure this out?

Search Discussions

  • Yongkun Anfernee Gui at Jun 20, 2012 at 10:09 am
    There is an index. We used that to identify different DEAs (not just DEAs,
    all components have index) in monitoring system.

    There is also a uuid. That is the one we used to identify themselves in
    mbus.

    Thanks,
    Anfernee
    I have installed two DEA nodes and it is connected well by mbus. But
    I'm not very sure how does CF distinguish these two nodes as I didn't
    find any index or name of node in the dea.yml.

    When I push a app on CF, I found all the instances are all running on
    only one node however I scaling it. Is it normal? Or the CF need other
    configuration to figure this out?
  • Chunjie Zhu at Jun 20, 2012 at 10:26 am
    Current implementation for CC to choose DEA is simple, CC will send a nats message "dea.discover" and wait for the 1st DEA's response, then you know what will happen.

    You can watch this workflow in cloudcontroller.log, grep "Received ***** in response to dea.discover request" keywords.

    Regards,
    Chunjie

    There is an index. We used that to identify different DEAs (not just DEAs,
    all components have index) in monitoring system.

    There is also a uuid. That is the one we used to identify themselves in mbus.

    Thanks,
    Anfernee

    I have installed two DEA nodes and it is connected well by mbus. But
    I'm not very sure how does CF distinguish these two nodes as I didn't
    find any index or name of node in the dea.yml.

    When I push a app on CF, I found all the instances are all running on
    only one node however I scaling it. Is it normal? Or the CF need other
    configuration to figure this out?
  • 张 磊 at Jun 25, 2012 at 2:25 am
    Thank you very much. By the way, the service gateway problem is fixed
    automatically, but I'm not sure what has happened... I just leave it
    there for a few days and it works now...
[...]

groupvcap-dev @
postedJun 20, '12 at 9:16a
activeJun 25, '12 at 2:25a